Author Topic: It's "The New Canadian Government," peon!  (Read 159984 times)

Holly Stick

• View Profile
It's "The New Canadian Government," peon!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »
Here's the As It Happens link for September 19; it looks like it includes the update from the next day?
http://www.cbc.ca/radioshows/AS_IT_HAPPENS/20060919.shtml

I guess they will keep it on the website for a few months.
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 03:05:46 AM »
Rick Mercer's Blog has the emails exchanged (including the name of the ADM and others).  http://rickmercer.blogspot.com/2007/01/harper-in-harpers.html

He got it from Harper's Magazine:
http://www.harpers.org/OurHomeAndNativeBrand.html
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 06:42:50 AM »
Wonderful. One of the classics.  :D

gunnar gunnarson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 08:21:37 AM »
Does anyone have Itzkovitch's e-mail address?

eckshully, perhaps it's on the Government of Canada's website ...

what a maroon.

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 01:32:35 PM »
The Conservatives continue to contaminate government websites.  At this CTV link:
The Liberals are accusing the Conservative government of plumbing new partisan depths by politicizing Government of Canada departmental websites.

The charge comes as a result of Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day's posted response to last week's Supreme Court judgment on the constitutionality of security certificates.

The website of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada carried the minister's statement, which concluded with a jab at the Liberal opposition...

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
I know it's been said, but every time it hits me again, it hits me harder. If this is the way these goons act in a minority govmint, gawd and all her angels help us if they get any kind of majority.

Toby Fourre

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
Quote from: fern hill
I know it's been said, but every time it hits me again, it hits me harder. If this is the way these goons act in a minority govmint, gawd and all her angels help us if they get any kind of majority.

I think that if there were an election today, the Cons would get their majority.  In times of stress (real or perceived) many people are drawn to Fascism because it appears to be capable of solving their problems.  Remember, Hitler was elected and re-built Germany.  Musolini got the trains to run on time.  It wasn't until WWII that people began to doubt the advantages of Fascism.  Modern corporatists are very careful to not use words like "Fascism" or "corporatism."  The Cons are very good at framing their language but make no mistake, they are the same old crowd.  Steven Harper and Stockwell Day would have been very much at home in the Third Reich.

'lance

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »
Not to sound complacent, but I doubt the Cons would get a majority. They'd need at least 25 seats in Québec. I'm at a loss to know which ones those would be.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »
Not necessarily. If the Cons sweep the Maritimes and reasonably well in  Ontario, and get most of the seats from Manitoba right to BC, they have their majority. If the Libs continue to stumble, the Cons will take advantage.

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »
Are the arse-lickers of Satan likely to do well in the Maritimes?

'lance

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
Quote from: Boom Boom
Not necessarily. If the Cons sweep the Maritimes and reasonably well in Ontario...

I find it almost as hard to believe they'll do either, let alone both, as I do to believe they'll improve their standing in Québec significantly.

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 09:55:39 PM »
It strikes me that the Harperkons are in election mode these days, with the early anti-Dion ad campaign and all the spending announcements they are making. I don't trust them one bit and I hope they can't break out into a majority but even as a minority, they are bloody dangerous. Harper has become pretty adept at exercising his "executive powers".
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 01:28:47 PM »
Xtra

Good article and good resource material. Lest we forget.

60 Reasons to dump Harper
HARPER WATCH COUNTDOWN / Queers and allies should be very worried

Brent Creelman / Xtra.ca / Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just 15 months into his mandate, and in a delicate minority Parliament, he's doing all those things — and more. Harper and his cabinet have been slowly — quietly — changing the way Canada is run. But many changes don't get headlines, because they don't require legislation to pass through Parliament. That's because government policies can be changed directly from the Prime Minister's Office — and policies affect the kind of Canada we live in much more than legislation does. That Canadians haven't noticed — or else are willfully blind — proves it really has been a con job.

Starting on April fool's day (not an accident) and for the next two months, xtra.ca brings you a countdown of 60 of the ways Harper is reshaping Canada in his own image.

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 09:12:38 PM »
So As It Happens played a clip from the House, of Dosanjh and McDonough asking questions of O'Connor.  When Alexa made some points and asked why he had not resigned O'Connor went into a tirade about the NDP wanting to pull out immediately and then the Taliban would return, in the past under them women had no rights,  "and  your party allegedly stands for the rights of women.. ...human rights..." etc.

At least he admits that it's the NDP that stands for women's rights (and human rights, I think he said).

It's in Part 1 of the As It Happens audio here: http://www.cbc.ca/radioshows/AS_IT_HAPPENS/20070425.shtml

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
Quote from: fern hill
60 Reasons to dump Harper

Thanks for posting this!  :)

Bread & Roses Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »

Return To TAT