Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 1471519 times)

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #8805 on: August 21, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
Didn't think of that!

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: August 21, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »
I found the church too. L'Immaculée conception. (soon with overpopulation, we'll need immaculate contraception).

I hope people will have the opportunity to see this documentary set on the North Shore: http://www.presenceautochtone.ca/fr/2013/films/paroles-amerikoises

For the moment it is in French and Innu, but we are trying to secure funding to sub-title it in English.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: August 21, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
There is virtually no land left in Kegaska for building, so either folks coming here because of the road will have to get a permit to build on Crown land, or Kegaska will have to expand.

ETA: The population of La Romaine to the east of us, 80km away, want a connecting road to Natashquan as well - but it will likely go around Kegaska, not through it - which is good. Kegaska roads are gravel and fairly narrow.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:02:08 PM by Boom Boom »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: August 25, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
I am marveling at a couple of silly things I bought from an acre of curios up north. Remember the 'clicker' toys? Silly tin thingies that clicked, usually with a painted creature in front, I think they were banned at some point. Well I got key chain clicker. As well a silly 1950's TV with dials about 4 inches across, when you turn a dial up pops a S & P shaker, a half dozen of bizarre postcards, one w/ a lady in a 'rad' bathing suit eating a banana underwater  :o , all of that was 8 bucks. My one prized possession is a 1930's glass lamp shade, creamy pink with bubbles, from an estate sale, have no lamp for it tho.

While sitting in a muskoka chair on deck looking out over the water and listening to loons calling, a hummingbird flew right in front of me, stopped and checked out the flowers on my dressing gown, decided they were not edible and buzzed off.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: September 03, 2013, 08:02:39 PM »
I now have an entire batch of blueberry jam made  :applause  I totally splurged on a basket of wild B's, couldn't imagine a winter w/o.

Funny I'm not fussy to eat blueberries fresh, yet it's my fave jam. I'm not fussy about peach jam, yet I love eating fresh peaches.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: September 26, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »
OMFG I pissed my pants it's so funny. Just ready to leave for the day, another gorgeous day to be out in and I thought I'd check my msgs from kid. Oh gawd I'm still heaving, funniest thing I've heard in years.

http://95rockfm.com/best-voicemail-giving-play-by-play-of-car-accident/   :))

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: September 28, 2013, 06:13:14 AM »
The nicest video I've ever seen: (60 seconds long)

Two young lions stop by for some morning hugs and cuddles. They're both living in a protected lion park in South Africa

Had my biopsy yesterday, didn't need a scan - that may come later. I'm on holiday here in Sept-Îles enjoying warm sunny weather until next Tuesday.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:16:01 AM by Boom Boom »

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: September 28, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »
Quebec  AM (CBC):
New road connects Kegaska to the province
People in Kegaska on the Lower North Shore can now drive to Natashquan and the rest of the province, because of a new bridge and road. Catou MacKinnon speaks with crab fisherman Harold King about what this means for Kegaska.

TVA:
Prolongement de la route 138
Le pont de Natashquan inauguré

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:19:48 AM by Boom Boom »

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: September 28, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
Obviously, you must know crab fisherman and former mayor Harold King. Quite the character, eh?

I'm glad this construction provided jobs for Innu people. Hope that continues.

Enjoy your holiday. Lovely weather here in Montréal.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:41:57 AM by lagatta »
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »
Harold lives a couple houses down from me. Our next struggle will be getting the gravel road paved, and I've heard rumours that will start next year.

The biopsy itself wasn't so bad, just a little stiff and sore today. Results in about 2 - 3 weeks. But no cat scan.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:56:57 AM by Boom Boom »

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8815 on: September 28, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »
Glad you have good weather to enjoy while in Sept-Isle, Boom Boom. I'm hoping the cancellation of the cat scan is good news. Fingers crossed.
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
The scan is still a possibility - depending on the biopsy results. I had put the cart before the horse apparently when I wrote (earlier) of being schedule for a scan and biopsy. They're checking my bone marrow for problems now.

ETA: I had been warned that the bone biopsy would be painful - but I did not feel a thing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:04:04 PM by Boom Boom »

Bread & Roses Forum

« Reply #8816 on: September 28, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »

Return To TAT