0 (0%)
 . addslashes($options[$i]) . "
2 (14.3%)
1 (7.1%)
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: It's alive! It's alive!  (Read 20643 times)

It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:12 PM »
Oh groovy. Will read tomorrow. I didn't think the pages were too long.

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 10:50:01 PM »
We have reached the thrilling conclusion of Chapter 2!

I don't know if breaking up each part into smaller pages is good for the readers, but it sure as heck bumps up my stats, so I think I'll keep doing it!

Toedancer

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 11:32:39 PM »
Thanks John D, I shall read it at my leisure.  8)

ETA - I keep getting the feeling you need to add dorable dora, heinlein's puter girl or something.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »
John_D, I need a bookmark to remember where I last left off.

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »
Sorry eph, I hope you've caught up as I've been unable to update the last month or so. (Although I should be able to get back on track by Wednesday, maybe Thursday...)

What was the last thing you remember reading? Describe what you can of the plot to me, and I can try to find where you left off.

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 06:32:24 PM »
In fact, to pique interest after my brief, unplanned hiatus, here's a sneak preview just for my friends here at BnR of some of the characters still to come in chapters as yet unpublished!

Jane Blond - First Appearance in Chapter 4
Sexy British secret agent with a "Licence to Kill". Known for her personal philosophy of "Live and Let Die". Once, while on vacation in Moscow, sent home a postcard reading "From Russia, with Love". I think you get where I'm going with this one. Several years ago (unbeknownst to Stupendous Girl!), she had a brief fling with Lewis while he was covering a case she worked on, making him one of her "Blond Boys".
Favourite Movie: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

"Red" McAllister - First Appearance in Chapter 5
Eccentric cowboy millionaire and founder of Oklahoma Instruments, one of the world's pioneering technology and electronics companies. First became a friend to Mr. Henderson during a failed venture between the two to bring an NHL expansion team to Tulsa. (The franchise eventually ended up in Santa Fe).
Favourie Movie: City Slickers

The Law Firm of Comaneci, Retton, and Patterson - First Appearance in Chapter 5
Kept on retainer by Mr. Henderson. They are the only law firm to practice in several different universes, having made a point of hiring those capable of passing parallel bar exams.
Favourite Movie: Gymkata

Detective Constable Rougeau - First Appearance in Chapter 7
He's a Mountie. He's handsome! He's brave! He's strong!
Favourite Movie: Dudley Do-Right

It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:58 PM »
Thanks John_D. James and I eagerly await the next installment of SG! J's a big fan of SG! He's been reading about her even before he was born. We are close to finishing chapter 2. We are slow readers. We try to read during feeding, but often fall asleep.

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »
Quote from: ephemeral
Thanks John_D. James and I eagerly await the next installment of SG! J's a big fan of SG! He's been reading about her even before he was born. We are close to finishing chapter 2. We are slow readers. We try to read during feeding, but often fall asleep.

That James is reading at all at his age impresses the hell out of me, don't apologize for being slow!  :D

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2007, 08:20:01 PM »
For the benefit of my most loyal reader, one whose been following this story of mine for a much longer proportion of his life than anyone else ever has, will, or could, I present...

Whatever Happened to the Woman of Tomorrow?

Part 1 of Chapter 3 shall be out late tomorrow night.

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 05:06:20 AM »
Getting Chapter 3 going took a lot longer than expected, as I was never really happy with the structure of it and I kept on upsetting the apple cart and rearranging things. Still, Part 1 is out now, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I think the comedy works better than a lot of what I've done, and the sincere emotional content towards the end is both deeper than what I'd been doing before, and works very well to set up what is to come.

I could have shortened that, I suppose, to this.

(John grabs own horn.)

Toot! Toot!

It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »
Woo hoo. I just noticed that parts 1 and 2 of Chapter 3 are up. Haven't read 'em yet though.

John_D

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 08:54:32 PM »
Quote from: ephemeral
Woo hoo. I just noticed that parts 1 and 2 of Chapter 3 are up. Haven't read 'em yet though.

DISCLAIMER

Part 2 of Chapter 3 contains coarse language, scenes of nudity, and adult situations. Reader discretion is suggested. (Seriously, there is some swearing, and the implied secks!)

Part 1 contains a stilted speech that exposes my poor writing skills, along with (what I think is) the best joke in the whole damn thing. I suggest everyone look into how the mail is delivered in the city Stupendous Girl! hero lives in.

Croghan27

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 01:08:53 AM »
Part 2 of Chapter 3 contains coarse language, scenes of nudity, and adult situations. Reader discretion is suggested

If it did not, can't see me reading it anyway.     :roll:
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Croghan27

• View Profile
It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 08:40:27 AM »
John - I could get hooked on her .... enjoyed it.   :D
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

It's alive! It's alive!
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 11:08:03 PM »
Har har, I love this line:

(For the record, that last sentence was constructed torturously enough that, in writing it, I violated the Geneva Conventions.)

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Return To TAT