Poll

Boom Boom and Croghan27 should bring their drift-posts here.

. addslashes($options[$i]) . "
5 (45.5%)
 . addslashes($options[$i]) . "
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The Drifters' Very Own Thread  (Read 30059 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
The Drifters' Very Own Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »
I HATE the dental hygienist at my new dentist. She works a farm and does this stuff part-time. She was rough, she was a hackster. While talking about burying her dead dog (a german shepherd she gave refuge to) she said the ground was hard and dry, so she had to use an ICEPICK! I was scared and actually wondered if I was in a Stephen King paragraph for a sec. I looked at her more carefully. This isn't kind, but her hair has been so overly-processed it's pure fizz now, and she could throw Hoss across a room. I don't think I'm ever going back.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2007, 05:04:30 PM »
Wow-Toe.  Wonder if it's the same one.  I have always been fortunate because the dentist I see has always been full service, does all the cleaning stuff himself.  He took leave, figured he was gone for good but came back (yay) but the substitute threw me over to a hygienist.  She had manly-man hands and flossed & scaled with hacksaw sensitivity.  She's a rover so who knows, could be the same one.  You have a right to be skeart....

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2007, 06:59:46 PM »
Speaking of teeth, I found this story earlier.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2007, 07:02:05 PM »
Since we're on the subject, did you know that  Flossing could save your life?

deBeauxOs

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2007, 07:30:08 PM »
Since we're not on the subject, did you know that Flogging could perk up your life?

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »
They look cool.  :D

deBeauxOs

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2007, 12:52:20 PM »
Quote from: Boom Boom
I was looking for a disability forum on BnR, didn't find one.  :(
Well if you think that a large number of threads would be generated by the creation of a disability forum, why not be direct and ask Debra?  She may be a benevolent dictatrix and Fearless Leader, but she is usually amenable to such requests.  :?

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2007, 01:11:46 PM »
Hey Debra, dearest Fearless Leader, could we, pretty please, have a thread or forum devoted to issues of disability?  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2007, 04:10:56 PM »
Quote from: Toedancer
Has anyone been following Weeds it looks just like my kind of show. It's in 3rd season and I never heard of it before, waah!

Never heard of it. I think I'll look into seeing what a subscription to HBO costs - I've seen some of their shows on TMN, and they've all been good.

Our satellite provider Bell ExpressVu responds: "Please be advised that we do not offer HBO."

:(

deBeauxOs

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2007, 09:40:52 PM »
I got sprayed by a skunk once. I had a very long hot shower, and lathered up with a scented shampoo. Worked for me. :age:
 :rotfl:  Are you a critter or a pet, Boom Boom?  :wink:

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2007, 12:11:50 AM »
Oh, definitely a critter.  :whis:  :spy:

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:20 AM »
Spoke to an old gf last night. She has two doggies, a chocolate lab and what she calls a barking mop head. Yesterday the smell of skunk was all over, and as the lab frequently has 'encounters' with skunks, she kept her in their (rather large) shed while she went to work. The mop got the regular run of the house.

(Bet ya know what happened  :wink: ) It was mop head that tangled with the skunk,  and now she has to go about her house with her mixture of baking soda and peroxide to 'de-odour' it.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

anne cameron

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2007, 10:41:31 AM »
When my daughter lived in the shitty her Schipperke tangled with a skunk on several different occasions.  Same skunk.  Peuw would come down to check out the dish of cat food the upstairs neighbour left out for their not-house cat and the Schipperke would try to defend "his" house...it was awful.  One night Peuw sprayed the entire door because daughter had kept the dog inside in an attempt to stop the war but Schipperke was barking and Peuw...city refused to "do" anything about it, said all the live-hold traps were in use trying to catch racoons...the upstairs neighbours, the next door neighbours, the across the alley neighbours were all having hell's own time and then one night there was a loud BANG which they all decided was probably a backfire from a truck (or something) and...no more Peuw.

And nobody mourned.

Supposedly, they're what happens when the flavour-of-the-month pet stock escapes.  Great-grandparents might well have been deodorized but the feral offspring sure aren't.  And Possums..we didn't have them, either, but for a while they were trendy pets.  My youngest was driving home from work at night and a car ahead of him hit something.  My son stopped because he could see the animal dying on the road.  Obviously no use trying to take it to a vet , it was finished but the horror was it had several thumb-sized naked babies clinging to it.  He nearly freaked out.

The horror here was the young male bear who panicked and ran under the back wheels of the in-coming freight truck.  Truck couldn't stop on the 15 % grade, but a pickup truck of loggers managed to stop.  Bear's spine was crushed, they said it was crying.  No gun.  They had to finish it with an axe through the skull.

Heading out to G.R. three weeks ago, to take Ms Irene Beazely to the woman who clips her we stopped for a doe and her still-wet newborn fawn.  Momma was walking slowly up the road, baby wobbling along behind, cord dangling.  I had Emily and Lilli with me, we just sat, with our warning flashers going, and watched the parade.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2007, 10:35:57 PM »
No Plucking For You! Tehran.

Police say they have inspected more than 700 shops during a two-week crackdown in the city.

The move is part of an annual campaign against what is known locally as bad hijab, or un-Islamic clothing, that this year is also targeting men.

Hundreds of women and men have already been cautioned.

Police say that as well as avoiding Western hairstyles and make up, barbers should not pluck customers' eyebrows.

Very bad juju, but hey wanna get your nose sculpted, no problem.

Noses, eyelids, facelifts

He has performed so many of these operations - more than 30,000 in his career so far - that he can literally do it with his eyes shut.

Compare this number with the Association of Plastic Surgeons in Britain. All their members together did only seven thousand nose jobs last year.

It's become a fashion - a competition because a boy wants to compete with another over a girl

Dr Navab says he only does three operations - noses, eyelids and face lifts - and his schedule is completely full the year round. And increasingly his patients are Iranian men.

snip

Dr Navab explains that some of his patients are indeed congenitally ugly and need surgery to cope psychologically with their lives and he thinks he has operated on the odd cleric too, though they come to see him in plain clothes.

congenitally ugly -  :rotfl:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5391910.stm

Time to hit the porch, the thunder/lightening be here.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

deBeauxOs

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »
Speaking of plucking, someone here at B'n'R, I won't say who to protect the guilty, sometimes forwards me glurge.  Okay, it's sometimes very funny glurge.  The topic was George Carlin's New Rules.  I won't copy & paste them all here; only one is remotely relevant to the previous post.
Ladies, leave your eyebrows alone. Here's how much men care about your eyebrows: Do you have two of them? Okay, we're done.

Return To TAT