Author Topic: Abortion Blog  (Read 2496 times)

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Abortion Blog
« on: September 18, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
No, not Birth Pangs.

A 23-year old woman is knocked up and planning to terminate. Here's her blog about her experiences. Interesting and funny. We have come a long way, baby.

Gigi

• View Profile
Re: Abortion Blog
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
Errr, didn't we discuss the hoaxish nature of this blog a while back?

Right about WHEN SHE decided to quote from it?

fern hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »
Oh. Something's coming back to me. Yeesh.  :oops:

Can you remember where, Gigi?

'lance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13:17 PM »
This came up briefly on JJ's blog, back in August.

Are you sure it's a hoax, though? (The fact that SHE quotes from it is neither here nor there).

Among other things, she writes:

Seventy-seven percent of anti-abortion leaders are men. 100% of them will never be pregnant.

and

I can’t step outside because THERE IS A PRIEST ON THE HIS KNEES PLAYING GUITAR AND A WHOLE CONGREGATION OF SCRAWNY WHITE FOLK READY TO POUNCE ON ME WITH PRAYER. CAPS. LOCK. FOR. EMPHASIS.

Women we’re essentially held hostage inside the clinic because of these righteous fucks. If you stepped out of the door you we’re approached by the foot soldiers of jesus. But! if there were men folk around you, they stayed away. So whenever I went out for air I tried to go by the nervous smoking boyfriends and husbands (it’s like a reverse maternity waiting room!)

and also

I almost didn’t want to write this because I want all the readers to see me as strong. See a woman go through this without sending off some sappy anonymous postcard to post-secret.  But I decided I should share it because I think it sheds more light on why women who are conflicted about an abortion can suffer so greatly after they go through one. There’s just too much mystique around this procedure and I think I would have almost not thought twice about it if wasn’t such a cultural lightining rod.

My heart breaks for women who go through this with the added burden of mourning or grieving. And I am angry at people who fight to make this whole process harder than it needs to be. Fuck you guys, y’all motherfuckers are making me burn through my ambien.

What's more, if you look at the main page it's plain she went through with it, or at least claims to have gone through with it. If it were just "pro-life" propaganda, she might have been expected to report a "change of heart."

It might be a hoax. But I've seen nothing to persuade me it's an anti-abortion hoax.

fern hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »
What I read seemed real. (It's coming back now.) SHE quoted her on the cost of the pregnancy test, I think.  Snerked at it.

'lance

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »
I suppose from HER point of view, there's no sense getting a pregnancy test, so any money spent on one would be a waste.

Gigi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »
I think it had something to do with bashing Planned Parenthood, too...

deBeauxOs

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 10:30:21 PM »
The creator of what turned out to be a performance piece for a university course IIRC claimed she arranged to be impregnated for the purpose of aborting, over and over again.  

Here's the original thread.

Mandos

• View Profile
    • http://politblogo.typepad.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 01:34:12 AM »
Yeah.  The hoax was a different Internet episode.  Not that I would know, but this one looks credible (ie, jibes with most other descriptions I've read).

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 12:57:53 AM »
Here is a quote that may stop a few and make them scratch their heads:
“Think about what we’ve been able to do since I’ve been governor. The reproductive freedoms of women are more protected in _______ than any state in America. That’s in [stark] contrast to the advances and assaults coming from the Bush administration of Washington. We passed a law under my leadership to make insurance companies fill female contraceptives. ______ had never done that before, and we passed that law.”

Who said this?

None other than the (in)famous Rod Blagojevich, sometimes governor of Illinois, soon to be resident of Joliet, Max.

From an anti-abortion site, no less; the National Review, on line.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Return To TAT