Author Topic: POshting uner the influenze  (Read 23528 times)

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Re: POshting uner the influenze
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 06:42:07 AM »
Have a good Fourth, Hege!  *smiley sets off fireworks*

As happy as possible under the circumstances, of course. Did you know that Obama is going to vote to throw out the Fourth Amendment on Tuesday? That's a bit of an oversimplification, but he is. Ah, politics.

The Hegemo

• View Profile
    • http://neutralzonetrap.wordpress.com
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
Thanks for the wishes...and the reminder of the daily crushing of my hopes and dreams that the political system here keeps throwing at me.  :cry:

I'm feeling the effects of my overindulgence last night. I need to get some Gatorade and greasy breakfast food in me, stat, so I'll be my usual chipper self in time for the Doo Dah Parade.

GDKitty

• View Profile
    • http://hopeandonions.blogspot.com
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »
Happy 4th, Hegemo!  

I'd toast ye, but it sounds like you might not be quite ready for that, so soon ;)

vmichel

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2008, 10:30:02 AM »
Quote from: The Hegemo
When I got home, I wanted to wash a small plate so it would be clean for breakfast tomorrow, and I's stuck a steak knife in the dish strainer sharp side up earlier, and totally stabbed myself  :cry: It's just a tiny little dot of a wound, but there was a lot of blood.

All okay now.

Heh, I had a similar experience -- dropped a butcher knife on my foot while doing dishes. Also a lot of blood but all is OK.

The knives are out to get us, man. They want us out of their kitchen!

Gigi

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »
I was playing with my brand new Ginsu knives (remember those?) that I was so pleased with (I think I was 18 or 19 at the time and had seen them on TV and became obsessed with them - no idea why, but I HAD to have them).

Of course, one ended up right through my foot.

And my sister, with her typical sympathy, said, "they cut through tin cans and pipes, you moron, what did you expect?"

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »
Sean Penn could so easily play Orwell, eh?
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2009, 01:18:10 AM »
Good gawd, there is a stinkin dead mouse in my kitchen. I'm posting here because I've had 2 glasses of wine, chardonnay and omg something stinks to high heaven. I checked the 1 trap and the peanut butter was GONE. But no mouse. The stink is sweet, I hate it. I've pulled the oven out, checked under it, but I'm now going to tear the broiler apart. I swear to gawd almighty it is under/in the gas stove. I can't go to sleep anyway, there is a huge porch party directly across the street, they are young and spring fever is happening, so I might as well tear the kitchen apart. I've already pulled out the fridge, pulled out the pantry which is really a TV cabinet. I can actually hear people 'burping' across the street. Okay I'm gonna do it now, surely I'll find a crispy critter and be gone with it!

eta - didn't find nothing. So bizarre, where is it?
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2009, 09:14:44 PM »
This picture of McKay at the Pest playing GI Joe is desperate for a Caption Contest, no?

steffie

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2009, 07:17:24 AM »
and there's the misstep on the obstacle course in which Mr. MacKay lands hard, awkwardly straddling a concrete-type balance beam (ouch).
[...]
“I had a fantastic time,”
[...]
I loved it. It made me want to sign up.”
:lol:

He kind of looks like he is raising a flag in this pic; I'd probably say some snide remark about how he thinks it's a more integral role than it is.

"Easy, Mckay.... don't raise it too fast; remember your training...Your men are looking up to you."
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi

Alison

• View Profile
    • http://creekside1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
:lol:

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:07 PM »
Sparks! Bad gril! I replied to your PM, but says it cannot send, cuz your INBOX IS FULL! And I'm rilly jealous now, *pouting* LOL.

Return To TAT