Author Topic: Dumb Ass Award  (Read 27138 times)

k'in

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 05:47:17 PM »
David Letterman skewers Bill O'Reilly:

It's either that phenomenon, or simply the desire for revenge, that sent Bill O'Reilly back to David Letterman's couch after Letterman told him earlier this year that "I have a feeling that 60% of what you say is crap."

video at:

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/43669/

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 10:36:58 AM »
this story has particular emphasis on the ass
A man suffered internal burns when he tried to launch a rocket from his bottom on Bonfire Night.

Paramedics found the 22-year-old bleeding and with Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket lodged inside him when they attended the scene in Sunderland.

He suffered a scorched colon and is now recovering in hospital, where his condition is described as stable.

A spokesman for the North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) said the prank could have been fatal.

Douglas McDougal, from the NEAS, said: "We received a call stating there was a male who had a firework in his bottom and it was bleeding.

"He sustained fairly significant injuries in the fact that there's huge damage to that particular area."

link
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

'lance

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 11:35:09 AM »
There will always be people who take turns of phrase far too literally -- "blow it out your ass," e.g.

"This incident is very concerning but hopefully an isolated one."

Indeed. No telling what would happen, were this kind of thing to catch on.

deBeauxOs

Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 11:22:08 PM »
Kansas kidnapper with gun down pants shoots self in groin (headline) The news item here.

kuri

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
WTF?

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive videoof the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

It continues.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 01:24:25 PM »
:shock:
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 01:36:42 PM »
Huh.  Anyone want to try to guess what the feeble, implausible excuse will be?

a)  "Stress"
b)  Substance abuse
c)  Too many twinkies
d)  Actually hates blacks and felt it was time to come clean
e)  "My enemies are out to get me"
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

Tommy Shanks

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 02:51:14 PM »
"I was out for a few pops with Mel Gibson before the show and, ahhh, you know..."

Edit: I had made Mel Spanish, which is quite ironic.
We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods.

lagatta

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 03:16:18 PM »
Only 60% voted that the shithead is a racist, and that included my vote.

I refuse to vote on whether he or Gibson is worse.

There is a French comedian of African descent, Dieudonné, who has passed from attacking Zionism to full-out anti-Jewish rants. He attended the racist Front National party's congress recently, hoping to make points as a good anti-semite, albeit of the wrong skin tone. But at the same time, Martine Le Pen (the daughter of Jean-Marie) was also making overtures to one of the vigilante Jewish groups (either the local chapter of the Jewish Defence League or Betar) because THEY are anti-Arab. Oy.

Anyone who tries to get racists on their side by telling them to persecute some other ethnic, religious or racial group...  :roll: Oy Gewalt.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Toedancer

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »
Wow, I just tuned in and he was totally out of control, as in rageaholic. It was Ugly.
Gotta go for a walk  :shock:
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 03:40:05 PM »
I can't watch until the tech genius upgrades me. But I got the gist of the problem from the text.

Where does that come from? I mean, it seems to have come out of nowhere. It makes no sense.

Le Pen's daughter, eg, would have a clear political purpose for what she is doing. But Kramer? Why?

arborman

• View Profile
    • http://bohemiancoast.blogspot.com
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 06:13:41 PM »
It does seem wierd, even just in the 'astonishingly stupid career killing' way.  WTH was he thinking?  

Inexcusable, but where on earth did it come from?  He's a smart guy, very funny.  If he's not wealthy he needs another agent - Seinfeld was a mega-hit.  What the hell happened?
The pleasures of the table are for every man, of every land, and no matter what place in history or society; they can be a part of all his other pleasures, and they last the longest, to console him when he has outlived the rest.

suzette

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 06:19:27 PM »
Heh.  Nice picture of Mr Gibson below the article there.  It's from one of those "Stars Without Their Makeup" spreads, isn't it?

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »
I think they Photoshop'd out the laser beams coming from his eyes, as well as the now-incinerated matzoh ball.
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

kuri

• View Profile
Dumb Ass Award
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »
Racism is always pretty irrational, but this seemed why beyond that to me. My only guess right now is actually:

b) Substance abuse

Return To TAT