Author Topic: People who have nothing to talk about except  (Read 52192 times)

Croghan27

• View Profile
People who have nothing to talk about except
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2007, 09:24:18 PM »
As per the title, lets talk about Falsies.

These, as you are all probably aware, are the annual awards for cynical, manipulative and just plain anti-democratic pollution of our information environment.

They are presented by Center for Media and Democracy and are reported at AlterNet The actual award is: "This year's winners will receive a pair of Groucho Marx glasses, to obscure your real identity; the Online Deception Kit, comprised of a sock, buttons and thread, to make your own puppet; and a five-gallon bucket of Mr. Flack's Special Greenwash Paint (warning: may not look green upon closer examination)!" but as a special treat, they get to pay their own way to Madison, Wisconsin to pick up the prizes.

(I have never been to Madison in December, but I have been to Green Bay - think Moose Jaw on a bad day.)

I will not reveal any of the winners - but allow you the joy of reading the article for yourselves. It is illuminating and the links are oh so useful.

I have to admit that I did write somerthing on this very blog about some of the winners or this years Silver Falsie.   :yay:
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Return To TAT