Author Topic: +1 for Youth  (Read 1581 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
+1 for Youth
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
I found this posting on an alt school blog  :applause

In my   opinion….
By Ace Roxburgh, Grade 10
Phoenix Program
I   think that the voting age should be lowered because the election is   about the future leader and the welfare of our country. The youth should   have a say in who will be the leader; furthermore, voters should be   fully aware of the candidate’s past, goals, and values. Personally I   think no one person should lead the land by himself. A coalition   government should exist, a group of leaders, one from each political   party to advise and “fine tune” their decisions. This would be much   better because it would be multiple opinions that gradually become a   decision that would better the country.

I am 15 years old and   have been interested in politics for about 3 years now and it’s a shame   that so many kids my age are so unaware about this country’s affairs.   Politics should be taught in school early on so the youth of today and   tomorrow will be more interested in this country, and would want to   provide their time to benefit it. I think if more kids knew they had a   choice to help change their futures through understanding politics, they   would be more likely to vote when they became of age.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: +1 for Youth
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »
"one leader from every party". I thought I was reading from a gril, then I saw the name ACE.  :applause Which of course could be a gril's name.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Re: +1 for Youth
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:41:46 PM »
Yes, that's inspiring. Given the stupidities of many of our current politicians, I wish that some of them had been taught better about many things before they were allowed out of school ...

Return To TAT