Author Topic: Norway bombing, mass killing  (Read 3095 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Norway bombing, mass killing
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »
You are absolutely correct Lagatta. My point was the 'extremist' label is not enuf, he must be called out as a terrorist. Unhinged as well, how exactly does murdering 'his white children' come into play with his hatred towards Muslims, well okay he saw these white children as perpetuating into the future what he hated about the immigration policies.  White (quasi-Christian) Terrorist is being re-written by the corporate media as we speak, the script we must all follow apparently. They did it with WL/Assange, we must hate good journalists! The Unabomber was labeled a lone nutjob, not a terrorist, that's where Wente is going with this, yet the IRA were 'terrorists'. It's getting confusing and the media created it as they do to keep their paycheques coming in. According to some reports he was an ardent zionist and Norway supported Palestinian statehood, I wonder how that will be spun.

I want his charges upped to Crimes Against Humanity.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
Because they were "race traitors" and "cultural Marxists" of course. Most, but not all were of Nordic stock (Norwegian or immigrants from Sweden or Denmark) at least a few were the children of refugees from different places including Middle Eastern countries.

Breivik had been planning his attack on the Prime Minister's office and the Labour Party youth camp for years. I don't think the PMs recent declared support for Palestinian statehood (in response to the youth wing's pressure - as in the old NDY at I remember it decades ago, the youth wing is considerably to the left of the party leadership) was a deciding factor. But right-wing Christian Zionism is a very strange animal indeed, supported by the same type of people who have always traditionally been Jew-Haters. Many still are, but I guess they hate Arabs and Muslims more, and wouldn't mind the bonus of sending Jews away to Eretz Israel.

Here is a worthwhile comment from a Norwegian activist: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/norway-tragedy-extremism-europe
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 12:08:38 PM »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 01:11:20 PM »
It's the word 'traitor', I think.  It seems to imply both some kind of obligation to "one's own", even if that's not how you view the world, and also legitimizes an over the top response to this 'treason'.
That said, "class traitor" is hardly better. 
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
The Unabomber was labeled a lone nutjob, not a terrorist, that's where Wente is going with this, yet the IRA were 'terrorists'.
Actually, the FBI designated Kaczynski a domestic terrorist.
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 02:03:53 PM »
K. thanks.

I can't vouch for Gordon Duff/VT maybe someone here can inform me? But lots of info there, just not sure about it. One new killing by masked and uniformed men. One caught, other at large. Not connected? I dunno.

Norway turned down any help from Israel.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 08:39:55 PM »
Portraits and histories of the brief lives of most of the victims are just starting to emerge.

This is horrible, and will be especially so for parents, though the report is sober and no gruesome details:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/26/norway-shooting-survivors-honour-activists

" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:17 AM »
Terrorism and terrorist are defined by intent. If someone was intending to cause terror amongst the population by their actions they are a terrorist engaging in terrorism.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 11:39:37 AM »
I'm very sorry to convey more sadness, after news of the passing of our dear Croghan and Jack's bad health news, but thought it was important to remember the young - and older - activists and people in Norway murdered by a far-right terrorist, and not just remember the terrorist's names, silly costumes and sillier "manifesto".

I'll post something happier, but on another thread.

Photos and brief descriptions of (some of the) victims of the Norway attacks:

http://livenews.thestar.com/Event/Victims_of_Norway_attacks

Rosa Luxemburg

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
So many young, talented lives lost. They were probably having the best time of their lives when this happened.
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

pookie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
Very important (if heartbreaking) to see this, thanks lagatta.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:30:26 PM by Holly Stick »
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:22 PM »
Thousands of people gathered in Oslo to sing a brotherhood song Breivik hates, countering all the hate speech he has a podium for, at his trial:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/26/thousands-sing-anders-breivik-hates

There is also a video and other news at the sidebar of this story.

quote:
Up to 40,000 Norwegians have staged an emotionally charged singalong in Oslo near the court building where Anders Behring Breivik is on trial for the murder of 77 people in a protest organisers said showed he had not broken their tolerant society.
"It's we who win," said guitar-strumming folk singer Lillebjørn Nilsen as he led the mass singalong and watched the crowd sway gently in the rain. Many held roses above their heads, and some wept.
The protest followed several days of defiant testimony from Breivik, who has admitted killing his victims but denied criminal guilt.
The crowd chose to sing Children of the Rainbow, a song that extols the type of multicultural society Breivik has said he despises and one he dismissed during the trial as Marxist propaganda.
People then marched to the district courthouse where Breivik was on trial, close to the site where he set off a bomb that killed eight people on 22 July last year.
Rosa Luxemburg

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 05:03:25 AM »
A very good article, Breivik's Monstrous Dream—and Why It Failed, in The Nation. Though I do wish they had chosen a photo of the murdered teenager from a Northern town rather than yet another of the creep.

quote:
Bodø is the last stop on the Norwegian State Railway. This city of 47,000 people lies above the Arctic Circle and is sandwiched between dramatic snow-covered mountains and the cold Norwegian Sea. The winding highways have signs reminding drivers to watch out for moose. This is the kind of slow-paced city where not a lot happens—the last place on earth you would expect the global “counter-jihad” movement to hit home. (...) He killed people from fifty-five municipalities across Norway, including 17-year-old Espen Jørgensen, the newly elected leader of Bodø’s Labor Party youth division, shot three times in the back while protecting another teenager.

http://www.thenation.com/article/167682/breiviks-monstrous-dream-and-why-it-failed
Rosa Luxemburg

Bread & Roses Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2012, 05:03:25 AM »

Return To TAT