Author Topic: Young woman beated to death on Longueuil cycle path  (Read 2712 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
Young woman beated to death on Longueuil cycle path
« on: October 23, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »
Isn't this also terrorism?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/woman-dies-after-savage-longueuil-bike-path-assault-1.2808491

Sadly, because of the events in Saint-Jean and Ottawa, people are talking about this savage attack on a woman simply for being a young woman cycling or jogging on a path - in the middle of Vieux-Longueuil, the old, dense centre of a large suburb on Montréal's south shore, not an area thought of as deserted or dangerous.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Re: Young woman beated to death on Longueuil cycle path
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 08:17:53 AM »
Yes but it doesn't fit neatly into the cons narrative of OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!! they hate you for your freedoms let me rectify that by taking them away!!!!!!!!

Also just another woman he couldn't give two shits about.  :mad2
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: Young woman beated to death on Longueuil cycle path
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 10:46:50 PM »
Yes, and it turns out she wasn't either cycling or jogging. She was just walking home after her shift, across the river in Montréal.

I'm familiar with that path as I've done it the other way when teaching ESL in Longueuil at the far end of it. Not very long, and lots of people - not at all a deserted area. I've cycled along it and also walked all the way - lots of people do. What is at issue is women's most elementary freedom to circulate, walking, cycling whatever, without the constant fear of being hit upon, humiliated, raped, robbed or even savagely murdered.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT