Author Topic: Crisis in Health Care  (Read 8490 times)

rinne

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
Quote from: BlueGrey
Perspective is everything, really.  http://www.furiousseasons.com is my primary hang-out.  There, I might be considered a moderate.

Edited to fix url thingy.

Thanks for the link.

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Crisis in Health Care
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
Finally a Doctor as new Prez of the CMA who actually cares about the vulnerable and better wants a national discussion on Health Care.

Dr. Turnbull new prez of CMA

"I wouldn't want to go toward two-tier health-care, I don't think    Canadians want that either," he said. "It's too early to abandon our    existing system without very, very definitive efforts to make it  better   and I think we can make it better. I'm optimistic that we can  make the   system what we want it to be, within the structure that we  already   have. If that fails, if we've made every effort, well, we'll  have that   conversation then." It's about time for a national debate on   health care, Turnbull  says, because there's "an increasing recognition   that the system is  failing to deliver in terms of access, quality,   safety." It's also a  system that costs Canadians billions of dollars a   year and questions  are being raised about its sustainability, he added.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »
I told you all about a friend of mine who has initiated a complaint regarding the CHA not in compliance with the Charter rights or more importantly Human Rights legislation/discrimination by publically funded hospitals to people with disabilities based on HOW they incurred their disabilities. So listen up peeps, it has come to my attention we may wake up one day soon with no federal CHA at all. The Canadian public may not be informed with whatever happens at the First Ministers Meeting coming up this month. Without democratic process, outside of democratic process, documents could be signed, they will call it policy of course, not happening in parliament. To be continued.

ETA - shit, think I'm in the wrong thread.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:23:11 AM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »
Mikey knows what's coming

"I'm   a very firm believer that we don't want user fees," he told  Postmedia   News. "We want universal, accessible,  free-at-the-point-of-service   health care, paid out of general  revenue. That's just bottom line.   Otherwise we get two-tiered."
In the next campaign, Ignatieff   will attempt to portray the  Conservatives as a party that is   uninterested in improving health  care and is leaving it to the   provinces.[/l]

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »
I'm crying here. I've lost my settings, my bookmarks, have no clue to get them back. I'm basically F'd.
I was going to post a radio show tomorrow night @ 7 p.m. B.C. time that will tell us what's the buzz and what's really happening in Health Care. I've asked Croghie to help. We'll see.

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 08:03:10 AM »
I'm crying here. I've lost my settings, my bookmarks, have no clue to get them back. I'm basically F'd.
I was going to post a radio show tomorrow night @ 7 p.m. B.C. time that will tell us what's the buzz and what's really happening in Health Care. I've asked Croghie to help. We'll see.

From a pdf attachment ....

Darrel Powell, international Health,   Disability and Human Rights Advocate will appear on a one hour special radio show on:CFRO - 105 FM Wednesday September 8, 2010: 7:00 pm PCT. / 10:00 pm ESTon Discussion with Charles Boylan. (host)Simultaneous on satellite, cable and web cast   athttp://www.coopradio.org/

here is a, maybe, more direct link.

http://www.coopradio.org/content/discussion
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:39 AM »
Part of Toe's letter about the radio broadcast and its' subject:

Would you mind very, to post it at Bread n Roses under Health, which is   where I've been placing some posts regarding waking up with no CHA   whatsoever, in regards to the First Ministers Meeting coming up this   September, where they will perhaps sign documents, without democratic   process. Provinces taking over Health Care, no more fed transfers etc. I   do believe that is what Darrell is going to tell us all. He met   recently with Carolyn Bennett, (who was just switched from Health Critic   to Democratic Reform) and apparently Mike (Iggy) was totally in the   know, hence again, why I posted Iggy's last article re: Health Care in   that same thread. Anyway see what you can do

"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
Health care transfers/maybe get them, maybe not Turnbull is sounding the alarm.

Where you can contribute - your contribution

To the Cons, health is like debt and joblessness, it's your problem, not theirs.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 07:25:53 PM by Toedancer »

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
900ft Jesus notes that Harper is using the Senate for a review of the 2004 Health Accord:

...This latest attack on democracy should be all over the front pages on nationals.  CPC support comes largely from older, retired people.  People who tend to rely on national health care more than younger Canadians.  It should be on the front pages for all of us...

http://ofgodsandothermonsters.blogspot.com/2011/03/busty-hookers.html

She quotes quite a bit from this Hill Times article, which is behand an access wall:

http://hilltimes.com/page/view/mcbane-03-21-2011

Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »
http://doctorsforfairtaxation.ca/

On March 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM in the Queen’s Park Media Room, we will call for the Ontario and Federal Governments to raise taxes on high income earners to help reduce the deficit and spare needed public services.

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
http://doctorsforfairtaxation.ca/

On March 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM in the Queen’s Park Media Room, we will call for the Ontario and Federal Governments to raise taxes on high income earners to help reduce the deficit and spare needed public services.

:applause
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »
Now the lawyers want fair taxation.

And so I introduce to you [/size]Lawyers for Fair Taxation[/color][/size]. If the site looks remarkably similar as the physicians' one, there's a reason – we've been discussing with that group all weekend and plan on working closely with them. The one significant difference between the sites is the number of people who have signed the petition on each, because our site was just launched this afternoon. That distinction can only be changed by people like you signing the petition.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/297558520317946/

Doctors getting a bumpy ride from the economists, wonder how the lawyers will do.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:20:38 AM by Toedancer »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »
Not one mention of Health Care in F's budget. This is step one (out of many already taken) for the Con feds to walk away from Universal health care....just sayin'.

Return To TAT