Author Topic: Beer...Good for Your Health!  (Read 10210 times)

deBeauxOs

Beer...Good for Your Health!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 08:54:06 PM »
Quote from: Sleeping Sun
... even though a small sip now and then might not hurt me or the little one, I've completely lost my taste for it.  Stupid pregnancy hormones and stuff......
the good news is that the hormonal stuff will shift again when you give birth, your taste for beer will likely return with a vengeance and quaffing a lovely brew is good for the breast-feeding mum.

Agent 204

• View Profile
    • http://nitroglycol.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 09:02:43 PM »
Quote from: suzette
Quote from: James
Suzette;
 What in hell is a "carton" of beer ??? As far as I know, they come in "cases".
At a wild guess, a "carton" and a "case" are the same thing, James.  Radical notion, huh?  I'm not North American, so I speak a different dialect.

Isn't a "carton" a case of twelve "tallies"? It's been 14 years since I've seen one of your cartons, but that's the way I remember it (well, that and the hangover I got from drinking way too much VB from one of those cartons).
You keep buying these things but you don\'t need them,
But as long as you\'re comfortable it feels like freedom.
-Billy Bragg, "North Sea Bubble"

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 09:04:55 PM »
I know, Magoo, that is a rather scary avatar, isn't it?

Well, it certainly takes no guff.

Suzette:  I'm sure I've seen that episode but.... ?  (Given the Simpsons, I guess I'm asking 'who guest-voiced your avatar?)  :)
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

suzette

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 09:22:45 PM »
Quote from: ephemeral
For some reason, drinking beer made me ultra-attractive.
My tip for attracting men is to tie barbecued meat around your neck.  I used a lamb chop, well-done, to snag my current beau.

Quote from: Herr Magoo
Suzette: I'm sure I've seen that episode but.... ? (Given the Simpsons, I guess I'm asking 'who guest-voiced your avatar?)

The avatar is a Suzette creation*, and looks remarkably like me if loved ones are to be believed. Scary?  Well, what of it??!!
;)

* made with a combination of this Simpsomakerand Photoshop.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 08:11:13 AM »
My tip for attracting men is to tie barbecued meat around your neck.

Ding ding ding!   :lol:

When I come back, I'm putting that in the Hall of Fame, or whatever it is we have around here.

drew.scott

• View Profile
Re: Beer...Good for Your Health!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 05:08:51 AM »
I love nothing more than an ice cold beer with my steak. My only problem is that I suffer from gout. Gout + Beer+ Red Meat = Painful inflammation! It's crippling and I can't walk. Sometimes I get weak and feel like thats a small price to pay for a steak and a cold one....why must God be so cruel??? I guess I'm just an exception to that study...
find out about clean coal and alternative energies at http://abetterenergyplan.ca

Return To TAT