Author Topic: housing in Montréal needed  (Read 1690 times)

deBeauxOs

housing in Montréal needed
« on: September 02, 2006, 03:54:52 PM »
Bonjour all!

This is a PSA for my daughter and son-in-law who will be moving to Montréal on January 1st, 2007.  My daughter will be completing a research fellowship with McGill that is confirmed for a six month period.

Thus they could sub-let from someone whose lease ends on June 30th, 2007 but needs to leave their apartment in mid-December.  Or they would happily house-sit for someone on sabbatical during that period, even if the care of plants and small animal companions is involved.  Their requirements are modest but they would prefer to live within walking distance (max. 30 min.) from the Hôpital Général on Côtes-des-neiges.

Please send me a PM if you have Montréal contacts or some ideas on how to line up a place there in advance of scouring the classified adverts in November.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »
Hmm, I can't think of anyone who is subletting...

She is at McGill, but her research place is much closer to UdM - perhaps she could check there about such lodging?

McGill has a very useful classified ads site - there is a category for such faculty and graduate-related sublets.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

deBeauxOs

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »
Quote from: lagatta
She is at McGill, but her research place is much closer to UdM - perhaps she could check there about such lodging?
Indeed, Outremont is a hop and a skip away and they have no problems with short métro rides for commuting to work.  They would like to live in a friendly, community-oriented neighbourhood with fresh food markets, neither trendy nor banlieusard.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 06:03:35 PM »
I made a mistake though, I read ON CDN as IN CDN (the neighbourhood). The General is actually closer to McGill or Concordia, but indeed that is very "downtown" and not very family-oriented.

I'll keep my eyes peeled.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT