Author Topic: The Official Tortured-by-the-Leafs Thread  (Read 73998 times)

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Re: The Official Tortured-by-the-Leafs Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
So, the new Leafies are fun to watch. They play like they have nothing to lose because, of course, they don't. Whupped Montreal's ass tonight, though.  :mrgreen:  

I am an odd fan. I don't read about hockey, care nothing about trades, stats, etc. I just like to watch. Also, I'm too cheap for cable, so all I get is HNIC on Saturday night. A few weeks ago I was watching my Leafies and the commenters were enthusing about a young (19 years old) defenseman. I didn't catch the name and my telly is too small to show names on sweaters unless it's a close-up. The name sounded to me like Lu Chen. Cool, I thought, a Chinese kid. So, I watched the kid. He's good. Way later in the game, there's a close-up of the kid. Then he turns and I see his name: Schenn. First name: Luke. Ok. But to me, he's always gonna be 'the Chinese kid'.

edited for baiting

chester

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2008, 10:32:40 PM »
Hey, babe...i'm chillin' wit'cha.  Let's talk about them leafies.  they are indeed fun to watch.  I'm a Nicholas Hagman fan, that line can create chances.  And yea, Luke Schenn is the real deal....

Otherwise?  I say the give-away/take-away ratio is on the high side,  the positive side...a healthy plus/minus....(the Gypsie Kings are blasting "La bamba" at me. right now).

steffie

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2008, 08:38:26 AM »
Maybe.....   this season.......  Leaf fans will NOT be "tortured".....    *fingers crossed*

:leafs:
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi

Return To TAT