Author Topic: The Official Tortured-by-the-Leafs Thread  (Read 73996 times)

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
The Official Tortured-by-the-Leafs Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 09:57:27 PM »
That was fun to watch. Things are very different this year. More aggressive penalty kill. Way more jump. Mats is having fun playing with young wingers.  Fun. :leafs:

steffie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 10:19:31 PM »
Darcy Tucker is my new idol.
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi

gunnar gunnarson

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 08:22:20 AM »
You know, of course, that they're only doing this to raise our hopes that much higher so that the sound of our hearts splattering all over the sidewalk at their inevitable exit will be that much louder ...

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 07:59:27 PM »
:leafs: :party4
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 08:45:40 AM »
Leafs 5 Canadiens 4- Shootout.

I am not worthy.

How's that Fern Hill? :D

fern hill

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2006, 08:54:46 AM »
That was a good game, Caissa. I like the Habs. No gloating from here over that win.

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »
Thanks, FH but I really think the Leafs uotplayed the Habs at least in the first two periods of the game that I watched.

fern hill

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2006, 09:40:27 PM »
Ha. Ian White! Against the Sabres. And the Sens lose. Happyhappy.

Scout

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 12:47:21 AM »
Joy joy!  :D

steffie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 07:40:12 AM »
Quote from: steffie
Darcy Tucker is my new idol.

[gloat] Who went through two bloody jerseys last night?  Who did??  8)  8)  8)
Darcy was asked in an interview who he most hated to play against. After a moment Darcy replied, "any of the Ottawa Senators".  :D
[/gloat]

:leafs:
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »
Don Cherry. I have had so many stupido arguments in my life about this man. But now I have proof he is everything I ever said going back at least 30 years. Thank you goddess.

Cherry later said he was a firm supporter of Harper.

"I give a thumbs up to Stephen Harper for sure. He supports the troops and I support the troops," said Cherry.

http://tinyurl.com/yzxe78  (C F-ing TV)
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

'lance

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 06:54:34 PM »
About Cherry, I'm not the slightest bit surprised. Some people will tell you his ignorant-yahoo act is mostly an act. If so, it's a Method act, and he doesn't have to dig too deep within himself to find his material.

I've never met Cherry, but having grown up where and when I did, I feel I know him in my blood. Perhaps nobody, not even the bitter old sweats I'm thinking of (some of whom had good reasons to be bitter) is entirely a type; but you don't even have to have grown up with it to recognize a sort of mean (in both senses), old-Ontario, Royal-Canadian-Legion, Orange-Lodge, our-Army-right-or-wrong type a couple of furlongs away. And though Cherry has said, by his lights, some halfway-enlightened things, he's still one of those types too.

At one time I thought this type would eventually die out, but now I'm not so sure, and this disastrous Afghanistan adventure will likely give them a new lease on life, and bring them some more recruits -- mostly civilian ones.

Bacchus

• Anya's Daddy-The Only Title than Matters
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »
Quote from: 'lance
About Cherry, I'm not the slightest bit surprised. Some people will tell you his ignorant-yahoo act is mostly an act. If so, it's a Method act, and he doesn't have to dig too deep within himself to find his material.

I've never met Cherry, but having grown up where and when I did, I feel I know him in my blood. Perhaps nobody, not even the bitter old sweats I'm thinking of (some of whom had good reasons to be bitter) is entirely a type; but you don't even have to have grown up with it to recognize a sort of mean (in both senses), old-Ontario, Royal-Canadian-Legion, Orange-Lodge, our-Army-right-or-wrong type a couple of furlongs away. And though Cherry has said, by his lights, some halfway-enlightened things, he's still one of those types too.

At one time I thought this type would eventually die out, but now I'm not so sure, and this disastrous Afghanistan adventure will likely give them a new lease on life, and bring them some more recruits -- mostly civilian ones.

Especially the commercial he did for aids in which he kissed a guy

Or when he made a disparing remark about ballet and someone challenged him to take classes and he did, then conceeded that it was tough and a lot of the hockey players would have folded, trying to do it
When you're on your own
When you're at a fork in the road
You don't know which way to go
There's too many signs and arrows
You haven't laughed in a while
When you can't even fake a smile
When you feel ashamed...
The uniform don't make you brave

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »
Mats Sundin Out For 3-4 Weeks

What Sundin discovered was that he'd suffered a slightly torn ligament in his right elbow — officially "a soft tissue" injury — in a collision with the Flyers' defenceman Ben Eager and will miss the next three to four weeks.

Tommy Shanks

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »
Just checking the standings this morning after the Leafs win over Boston and looky, looky.

NORTHEAST GP W L OT GF GA PTS
Buffalo         14 12 1  1 63 39  25

Toronto        18 10 5  3 64 61  23

Montreal       14   8 3  3 46 39  19

Ottawa         14   5 8  1 44 39  11

Boston         13   4 7  2 36 54  10

Granted, were only a fifth of the way in, but Ottawa only winning 5 times in 14 games. The fans in Ottawa must be going nuts...

The pressure and the losses keep on mounting.

Now, all eyes are on Senators owner Eugene Melnyk with the club stuck in the midst of a five-game losing skid going into tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Penguins (7:30 p.m., Rogers Sportsnet).

While team president Roy Mlakar said Monday that Melnyk remains "supportive," the Senators are testing the owner's patience as the fan outcry for the heads of GM John Muckler and coach Bryan Murray picks up steam.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2006/11/10/2301241-sun.html

Oops, asked and answered.

Maybe all the pressure is due to past Ottawa playoff failures (like last seasons flameout to Buffalo, as well as past collapses (to who? *snerk*)) are catching up with them. At this rate, and I know it's early, Ottawa wouldn't make the first round of the playoffs as usual.
We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods.

Return To TAT