Author Topic: communism, in our schools, conservatives aren't making this  (Read 2235 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
communism, in our schools, conservatives aren't making this
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:26:03 PM »
the blogger's 10 yr old daughter told her concerned family that her teacher keeps a communal pencil box in the classroom. it's dastardly intent? to provide pencils to children who have lost or forgotten their own. here's the bit that irks captain conservative so...the kids contribute some of their OWN pencils to the box! shocking.

link
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Nikita

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:44:10 PM »
:shock:

"But...but it's only pencils," Nikita whispered as she backed away slowly in horrified shock.  "It's only pencils."

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 07:59:42 AM »
That guy is seriously confused.

On the one hand, he is remembering (fondly, I take it) a time when the schools supplied all the pencils. What was that if not "communism" in his mind?

Now, I gather, parents have to buy their kids' own supplies. So he is thinking that some parents are freeloading off others. Hmmmn. Much as I believe in sharing, I semi-agree that the older, more genuinely "communist" system, was better.

Pencils! There shall be a wealth of pencils! Pencils for all!  :D

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:35:53 AM »
I lived in a politically active commune for two years in Toronto in the 1970s. Does that make me a commune-ist? :P

Return To TAT