Author Topic: A Gay Purge Looms for the GOP  (Read 10057 times)

deBeauxOs

Re: Sappho's Salon
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:32:58 PM »
Quote from: chcmd
I've often heard that being molested may contribute to being a molester, but my understanding is that girls are more likely (higher percentage) to be molested as children, yet pedophiles are more often than not male.  ...
Just as of children who witness family violence where the majority of the aggressors are male, the boys are more likely to replicate their fathers' behaviour.  Socialization supports male victims in becoming bullies, whereas it encourages female victims to remain victims.

Toedancer

• View Profile
A Gay Purge Looms for the GOP
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 05:34:12 PM »
Good grief Haggard is now saying he went to Jones for a massage.
And that he did buy the drugs but that he never used them.

I can't believe the stupidity of these people, I just can't.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

arborman

• View Profile
    • http://bohemiancoast.blogspot.com
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »
Quote from: Toedancer
Good grief Haggard is now saying he went to Jones for a massage.
And that he did buy the drugs but that he never used them.

I can't believe the stupidity of these people, I just can't.

Apparently Haggard is banking on the stupidity of someone.  Bought the drugs but didn't use them?  A raging homophobe preacher going to a gay prostitute for a massage?  Come the fuck on.
The pleasures of the table are for every man, of every land, and no matter what place in history or society; they can be a part of all his other pleasures, and they last the longest, to console him when he has outlived the rest.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »
The psychopathology is endless with these power and control types.

I can't find the Foley thread. But Hassert's (sp?) ass is saved again. Foley is staying in rehab for a little while longer.
http://www.cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=19941

No surprise there. He won't come out now, until after the election.
And altho the article says the House Ethics Committee is investigating who knew what/when, it is done. They are keeping it under wraps until after the election as well.

:canofworms:
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Sleeping Sun

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 11:11:10 AM »
According to this asshat, one of the reasons Haggert went astray was because of his wife.  

from the second point:
Most pastors I know do not have satisfying, free, sexual conversations and liberties with their wives. At the risk of being even more widely despised than I currently am, I will lean over the plate and take one for the team on this. It is not uncommon to meet pastors’ wives who really let themselves go; they sometimes feel that because their husband is a pastor, he is therefore trapped into fidelity, which gives them cause for laziness. A wife who lets herself go and is not sexually available to her husband in the ways that the Song of Songs is so frank about is not responsible for her husband’s sin, but she may not be helping him either.

:rant2  :explode  :rant2

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
She "let herself GO"?!?

SHE LET HERSELF GO?!??????    :rant  :explode  :rant2

Newsflash to some men: grow up, eh?

deBeauxOs

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 11:30:01 AM »
Driscoll's tirade is quite revolting and nauseating.  Besides his 'taking one for the team' by blaming Haggard's wife for his infidelity, he goes on at length about all the shameless hussies who threw themselves at Driscoll.

Where's the rilly good puke smiley when you need it.

brebis noire

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 11:30:09 AM »
aw skdadl, it's just not worth it.

All of these pastors are failed celibates. Whatever love and support they manage to eke out of their marriages (and they get a lot of it), they are sexual failures. They 'had' to get married because they burned too much.
..................0(woops, cat on the keyboard) Um, where was I...

Oh yes, they are unable to imitate St. Paul. Or maybe they simply aren't as ruthless. It's funny how they talk about "the team" though, as if they're playing football.  :?

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: A Gay Purge Looms for the GOP
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »
Three GOP Presidential Candidates Sign Pledge To Investigate LGBT Community

Get ready for another round of McCarthyism. Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Santorum have all signed a pledge to form a commission to investigate the LGBT community if elected President.

This pledge was created by the National Organization For Marriage, and they have a history of extreme views against homosexuals and anyone who votes to extend marriage rights to them.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:41:40 PM by Boom Boom »

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 07:56:44 PM »
Unbelievable.
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »
I've just been reading the comments below the article, and there seems a lot of confusion about the pledge itself contains. I'll have to find the actual pledge and see what it says.

Return To TAT