Author Topic: Stories.. strange weird, funny and WTF?  (Read 74040 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Stories.. strange weird, funny and WTF?
« on: October 13, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »
I'll start

Can you pimp an inflatable sex doll?

South Korea's finest have a bit of poser on their hands: does the pimping of inflatable sex dolls breach the country's anti-prostitution laws?

We should explain that, according to news site Chosun.com, Korean punters have developed a taste for "doll experience rooms", paying 25,000 won per hour (a tad over 14 quid, by our reckoning) for use of bed, computer, and pneumatic hussy. The market for the latter apparently took off after the Special Law on Prostitution came into effect in 2004, banning the sale of real flesh for purposes of sexual gratification.

The Register
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Sleeping Sun

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:20:29 PM »
Ok, and in keeping with the inflatable doll theme of the op, I'll add this one.

A participant in the annual Sex Dolls Rafting Tournament near St Petersburg was disqualified in shame for "sexual abuse of apparatus", Mosnews reports.

The event - held on the Vuoksa river and sponsored by "a number of Russian sex shops" - this year attracted 400 athletes determined to tackle the choppy 1,200 metre course with nothing more than an inflatable partner for buoyancy

Linky here (safe for work)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 12:22:33 PM »
:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :shock:

'lance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »
Snopes is a great source of weird news (safe for work, but some of it possibly disturbing).

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - A teenager who put her bra on a car antenna before it flew off and led to a highway accident will be charged with littering, a prosecutor said. Emily Davis, 17, of Bowling Green, told investigators she took her bra off while her friend was driving on Interstate 75.

Sleeping Sun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 12:32:21 PM »
Well, I found this one funny, in an amuzing-turn-of-phrase-funny-cuz-it's-true kind of way.

I always wondered what the end of the world would look like. Now I know. Let's face it - we're doomed. Each time I pick up a paper or catch a bulletin, the news is 15% worse than before. Seriously, if I switched on the TV and they were showing live footage of an army of fire-breathing pterodactyls machine-gunning people to death on the streets of London right outside my door, I'd be horrified, but not entirely surprised, nor any more scared than I already am. I'd probably just shrug and wait for them to smash the door down.

We're so screwed, I don't even know what to worry about first. Terrorist extremists? Yeah, they're frightening - but what about those North Korean nukes? Or global warming, come to think of it? I need a personal bloody organiser to sort it out - a gizmo that'll set me a "timetable of concern" just so I can break down my overall sense of creeping dread into manageable, bite-sized flurries of panic. Otherwise, I'm in danger of forgetting to worry about some things - like bird flu, for instance. I haven't seriously crapped myself about that since, ooh, February? Whenever it was, a top-up's long overdue.

From the Guardian.  YMMV.

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 01:00:29 PM »
Supposedly from a London newspaper:
SWIMMER TRAPPED BY BEACH BALLS:  A man got a nasty surprise when he tried to get out of his deck chair and found his testicles had become stuck between two slats of wood.  Mario Visjnic had been swimming naked off Valalta Beach in Croatia and his testicles had shrunk in the cold sea.  When he sat down they slipped through the slats and then, as he lay in the sun, they expanded back to normal size.  He was freed after he called beach maintenance services on his mobile phone and they sent a member of staff to cut the deckchair in half

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 02:30:01 PM »
Perhaps funny in retrospect but would have been very painful at the time...
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 03:22:36 PM »
It's good he didn't hurt himself.  For some reason this reminded me of those animal rescue shows where a cat/dog gets (usually) its head stuck in a metal fence and they have to come with the gear and gently cut the bars to free the wee head.

Agent 204

• View Profile
    • http://nitroglycol.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 05:41:59 PM »
The Darwin Awards are always good for this (although I feel a wee bit guilty for laughing at some of them).

Like, how does someone drown in a kitchen sink?
You keep buying these things but you don\'t need them,
But as long as you\'re comfortable it feels like freedom.
-Billy Bragg, "North Sea Bubble"

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 10:50:57 PM »
That beach ball catastrophe had me roaring (and yes I'm glad he is OK)  :rotfl:
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

peppermint

• View Profile
Re: Stories.. strange weird, funny and WTF?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:04:43 AM »
Quote from: Debra
I'll start

Can you pimp an inflatable sex doll?

South Korea's finest have a bit of poser on their hands: does the pimping of inflatable sex dolls breach the country's anti-prostitution laws?

We should explain that, according to news site Chosun.com, Korean punters have developed a taste for "doll experience rooms", paying 25,000 won per hour (a tad over 14 quid, by our reckoning) for use of bed, computer, and pneumatic hussy. The market for the latter apparently took off after the Special Law on Prostitution came into effect in 2004, banning the sale of real flesh for purposes of sexual gratification.
The Register

To give the Chosun a little credit, the story is listed in their "wierd news" category on the website.  Funny though- that Special Law on Prostitution was only enforced for about 6 months, and when I left, the major red light districts were back in action

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 10:16:49 AM »
Good piece, Sleeping Sun. I laffed out loud. Thanks for that.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 09:43:22 AM »
One of the best attack ads of the fall election season was filmed in a dorm room and ends with the allegation that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger eats babies. The ad, starring two California State University at Monterey Bay students, also makes the more accurate points that Schwarzenegger raised community college tuition and cut teacher tax credits. As for baby eating? "Dude, we can't prove that," one student says in the skit. "Shut up, it's an attack ad. I can say whatever I want," his rage-filled buddy responds.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 44,00.html

anne cameron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 10:15:37 PM »
I laughed and don't really care if he's okay or not, either way it's funny!

Tommy Shanks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 02:02:56 PM »
He was freed after he called beach maintenance services on his mobile phone and they sent a member of staff to cut the deckchair in half

If the "member" *snerk* was smart he or she would've said "is that a deckchair, or are you just happy to see me?".
We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods.

Return To TAT