Author Topic: US Dollar/New Gold Standard  (Read 1953 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
US Dollar/New Gold Standard
« on: October 15, 2006, 01:14:36 PM »
I don't know nuttin about money, but I found this incredibly long article somewhat interesting. It mostly looks at how BushCo. is funding his need for world domination.

But, alas! The US cannot continue printing Dollar bills indefinitely. Today’s global financial system is bursting at the seams, and growing concern is marked on the brow and voice of the Alan Greenspans of this world. How much longer until there is a final crash? One year? Two years? Nobody knows for sure. We do, however, know that the US Dollar can collapse virtually at any moment if an unforeseen / unmanageable crisis were to arise.

*snip*

“Plan B” has a second part. Sometime during the next 12 to 24 months, our TV screens will tune in to CNN, CBS, BBC, CNBC, Fox and other world media as they announce urgent “Breaking News” involving important financial developments amid growing panic and dark rumours. Such news will come on a Friday afternoon, after 4 or 5 PM when the New York Stock Exchange and banks in New York City have closed. We will learn that Alan Greenspan – probably accompanied by Treasury Secretary John Show – have a very important announcement to make to the people of the United States and the world. His speech will be short, terse and filled with carefully selected banking jargon.

Greenspan will state something along the lines that “in an effort to uphold and reinforce the US economy and that of its key allies; to protect consumer interests and those of major corporations; to preserve the international financial system and to thwart a potential financial meltdown; to balance the Budget and avoid a stock market collapse, the United States will effective immediately implement a far-reaching Economic Reform and Financial overhaul, declaring an extended banking and exchange holiday”. In Argentina, we have lot’s of experience on this!.

I obviously cannot comment on how accurate this is, but I hope there are follow-ups from economists or something.

http://tinyurl.com/y2k6t6 (Global)
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: US Dollar/New Gold Standard
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
I didn't know where to post this and it's mostly an amusement. First, altho no one is acknowledging all the measures the EU leaders are imposing are failing to address the core problems of the world's finances and the lack of real reform, the German poli's suddenly want to eyeball their 76,000 bars of gold that are held in the 'bedrock of Manhattan island'. (after Sandy and more Sandy's to come how rock solid is that bedrock :)) ) Plus no viewings are allowed.
The second bit of amusement is:
'Germany's gold reserves are currently worth some €144 billion and are not stored "with dubious business partners," as Thiele stresses, but rather with "highly respected central bankers."' Highly respected central bankers? After I read that bit of oxymoron I thought yeah I'd want to check it as well. :))  What happened to all the false promises that are keeping the world's economy held together? They don't believe them anymore, they want to eyeball the teutonic gold, oh my.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-politicians-demand-to-see-gold-in-us-federal-reserve-a-864068.html

And regarding the LeGarde List? The publisher has been arrested.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/oct/29/press-freedom-greece?newsfeed=true

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:37:39 AM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Return To TAT