Author Topic: Books you are currently reading ...  (Read 63692 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Books you are currently reading ...
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
eBooks, iPads, Blackberries, and all that other electronic stuff (including all computers) - all have a claim on exploitation of oil and mineral not to mention human resources, including outright slavery and child labour.

Well geez, cutting down the forests or evil oil, take your pick. Oil takes down the boreal, I'm kind of partial to trees, but I'm partial to good books as well, just not in paper form anymore.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »
I suspect the planet is very close to the point of no return, so it probably doesn't matter if we opt either for eBooks or the printed page.  :o

Let's just eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.  :bunny

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »
A friend of mine loaned me his copy of "Life of Pi" a few months ago, and it took me maybe two weeks to get through. Tonight I watched the movie version - it is just totally awesome, made better by having read the book first, as I was able to follow the movie plot and indeed anticipate the next part.

I didn't like the book at first, but it sunk in afterwards. I'm really, really glad I decided to watch the movie version.

I wish I was younger and in better health, because then it might make more sense to have a pet tiger or just an ordinary house cat - with the name Richard Parker.

Watch the movie - you might love it. Read the book if you get a chance - it's long, but wonderful.

Return To TAT