Author Topic: Trash entertainment  (Read 39104 times)

deBeauxOs

Trash entertainment
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 02:45:32 PM »
Is Martha Stewart shallow?  You be the judge.
Martha Stewart ended her brief relationship with Sir Anthony Hopkins, because she couldn't separate him from his famous character Hannibal Lecter. Stewart, 65, appeared on shock jock Howard Stern's radio show last week and admitted she had second thoughts about romancing the Welsh-born star after watching The Silence Of The Lambs while they were dating.

She said, "Oh, I loved him, but he was... scary. I was going to invite him up to Maine; I have this beautiful home in Maine... but then I reconsidered because I saw that movie again. Do you want someone eating your brain while you are sitting in your beautiful dining room in Maine?" Hopkins won an Academy Award for his portrayal of Dr, Lecter, but the accolades weren't enough to sway Stewart. She adds, "I would have probably had a very nice relationship with Anthony Hopkins, but I couldn't get past the Lecter thing."
Source.

Edited to correct link.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Trash entertainment
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »
:chainti:  :whis:
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

deBeauxOs

Trash entertainment
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
:rotfl:

Indeed - you would think that those two were well matched, wouldn't you?

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Trash entertainment
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »
Manohman. Quelle bitch, eh? I suspect that Hopkins is a fairly uptight fellow, actually, but quite a lot more interesting than Martha, in spite of the piquancy of her prison career.

I'm going to Loblaw's in a bit. Any special lurid headline requests?

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Trash entertainment
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »
The top story on Google News just now (I didn't read the link) is about Miss America's having to go into rehab (for what I don't) in order to retain her crown.  :roll:

Toedancer

• View Profile
Trash entertainment
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 03:19:55 PM »
For drinking under age. She only just turned 21. Oh yeah that's gonna take.  Trump is into madonna pure women. What a fuckin prude.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

deBeauxOs

Trash entertainment
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 03:25:41 PM »
Actually, this report is quite interesting, because it deconstructs the 'news item' about Miss USA.
How To Manufacture A Late December Story
(CBS) ... Trump announced today that Miss USA Tara Conner, who was being investigated by the Miss Universe Organization for "behavioral issues," would be allowed to keep her crown after a stint in rehab. Trump and Conner even shared a hug at the press conference. The story has gotten big play on CBSNews.com as well as other media outlets.

Which begs that most basic of questions – why? The Miss USA competition – a division of the Miss Universe Organization, and not to be confused with Miss America – isn't exactly a national obsession. Before her crown was in jeopardy, it's safe to say that most Americans had no idea who Conner was. So why has the story done so well? Here are a few reasons:

'Tis The Season: It's December 19th, and there's not much going on. The Mount Hood climbers story is coming to a conclusion, Congress is quiet, and most people are focused on the holidays. When the firing of a book editor is making headlines, you know it's slow out there. ...

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Trash entertainment
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 05:16:47 PM »
When the firing of a book editor is making headlines, you know it's slow out there. ...

:evil:  :twisted:   *rrrr*  *hiss*  *spit*

I found an open cash desk, just in the nick of time, so I didn't get a chance to check the tabloids. Sorry.

deBeauxOs

Trash entertainment
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 02:00:49 PM »
Dubbed "style-free and fashion deprived," Britney Spears and Paris Hilton tied for the No. 1 spot on Mr. Blackwell's 47th annual 'Worst Dressed' list released Tuesday.

"Two peas in an overexposed pod," Blackwell said of the skimpy attire worn by the two celebutantes he called the "Screamgirls."
Once again, I am pleased to bring you a link to the latest tabloid 'news'.

deBeauxOs

Trash entertainment
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 03:07:44 PM »
Former supermodel Tyra Banks is set to disrobe again on her hit talk show in a bid to quell reports she's getting fat. Tabloids poked fun at the retired catwalk stunner after unflattering holiday photographs taken of Banks in Sydney, Australia last month appeared in style magazines. The former Victoria's Secret model, who stripped to her underwear for a "reveal" show last year, now plans to wear the same striped bathing suit she wears in the holiday snapshots on her show next week - to prove that sometimes the camera does lie. Banks admits she was horrified when tabloids started suggesting she was fat, insisting she has put on 30 pounds since her modeling career began and now weighs a healthy 161 pounds.
Tyra Banks is 5'10" tall.  A photograph of her on the cover of People Magazine, in a modest swimsuit has the headline: "This is fat?!"

lagatta

• View Profile
Trash entertainment
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »
That is funny. I think she is quite a babe.

On the tabloid front, I saw a National Enquirer at a newsagent's that said Dubya + Mrs Bush had been in a terrible row and that a divorce was imminent, as soon as he leaves office...

Probably no foundation whatsoever, but amusing idle gossip.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Mandos

• View Profile
    • http://politblogo.typepad.com/
Trash entertainment
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 09:37:50 AM »

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Trash entertainment
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »
Hey! Paris Hilton is going to have to go to jail for 45 days for violating her parole.

How do I know who Paris Hilton is, I hear you cry. She assaults me every time I walk into my local supermarket, which isn't that often but often enough, I guess.

lagatta

• View Profile
Trash entertainment
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2007, 09:32:07 AM »
Also a top story on the websites of serious papers, with enough info that even without clicking on the stupid story, I know the gist of it - and I don't even want to.

One blurb said she was famous for "constantly partying" as a teen. That is a new height in a non-accomplishment!
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Trash entertainment
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »
:lol:

Return To TAT