Author Topic: Forum Description  (Read 5447 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Forum Description
« on: November 11, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »
I thought we needed a forum to discuss these issues.

This isn't a place to debate on whether god is one or many, male or female or even exists.

It's a place to ponder those things which feed our spirits, however you perceive that to be.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Croghan27

• View Profile
an unegotistical ego ..
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 06:02:33 PM »
Yo Debra:

Sometimes in discussions of God and spirituality and matters metaphysical I get a sophmoric urge to dismiss (not just dismiss but contemptuously dismiss) all believers in such as followers of superstitutous and disciples of the hocus pocus. Deserving only to be visited with a ppfftt by one as wise and clear thinking as myself.

But somewhere, deep inside me a little voice pipes up and says: "Hold on THAR!" [/b

I have put the sentence above in quotes because that is part of my thoughts, my evolution; my insecurities. It is about as mixed a string of metaphors are you will find anywhere. If I am going to distain those who believe in burning bushes that are not consumed, cannibal acts in Catholic services or mad desert dwellers that love Peace as they conquer by the sword I am going to have to sharpen my language and my thoughts.

It seems that religion or belief in somekind of Diety has been around since we humans came down from the trees and competed with the local raptors. Here am I - croghan27 (sometimes croghan26) disputing these thousands of years of thought. now my ego is in full operation - and often retreats into Pope's dictum of;
Presume not God to scan, the proper study of mankind, is man
(Sorry to be so sexually specific, blame Alexanderv Pope not me.)

I can go off into my favourites on the computer and find prominently among them is the string theory. All in all, here is a modern burning bush that is not consumed, here is the mysterious being that speaks in tautologies:
I am Who am
. Why do I not feel the urge of disgust here - the emotional drive to lay a ppppfffttt on string theorists?

A theory that seems to explain everything, but will probably never be proved- and if Heisenburg's uncertainity works on things if atomic size, what havoc would be wrecked upon the infinitesimally small stings? - so it will never be proved. It deserves all the respect that all the god theories from past history. Do contemporary ideas deserve more respect than those that have lasted for a thousand years?

Such is what swirls about my spirit - a bit of religion, a tad of insecurity and add a dash of science. distill with uncertain syntax. I hope this is what you have been seeking for this forum.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Toedancer

• View Profile
Forum Description
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 07:06:52 PM »
Yo Croghan 26 and 27, has the holy spirit enraptured you? Are you, like, speaking in tongues?

Are the tongues for the unbelievers?

How come, since most of us are unChristians we all know about the tongues?
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Croghan27

• View Profile
Forum Description
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »
Yo Toe:

Perhaps I should have explained my apparent schizophrenia. Mother Yahoo (may its's bankroll forever increase) rejects me from its' messenger service when I registrar as croghan27 (I have used croghan27 for years) - so I manufactured good 'ol croghan26 that is still offensive to yahoo .. but not as much, it seems, it does not unceremoniously boot me out quite as frequently.   :smash:

As for my popping in and out of various font sizes in the posting .... I have no clue where that came from - I must suspect the Great Cosmic Zuck that rules all of Bread 'n Roses decided it was correct. (Either that or some string cut lose with a energy burst and altered some semi-conductor ..somewhere.)

There two explainations that are perfectly in line with the origional posting   :lol:

I am so happy.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Toedancer

• View Profile
Forum Description
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 07:38:16 PM »
Quote from: Croghan27
I am so happy.

Well that fuckin explains it I guess. Blame it on Yahoo. Who is probably a Father.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Croghan27

• View Profile
Forum Description
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 07:55:03 PM »
Yo Toe:

Yahoo is really a YAHEE?

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Forum Description
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 08:47:33 PM »
yeesh :wink:
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Toedancer

• View Profile
Forum Description
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 10:25:32 PM »

Croghan27

• View Profile
mass?
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 11:31:03 AM »
A critical mass?

Is a critical a High Mass or a Low Mass.. possibly a Marcel Mass?

The mind, religiously, boggles.

Return To TAT