Author Topic: Kids Movies  (Read 7076 times)

brebis noire

• View Profile
Kids Movies
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 09:21:13 AM »
I saw Ratatouille with teh kids last weekend. It was a really good film, in spite of the usual Pixar/Disney vital flaw: they are incapable of making movies that don't make female characters totally marginal, token at best. In this one, there was only one female character (besides the crazy shootin' granny), but she was a very good one, in spite of serving as the obligatory love interest.

A nice film for foodies and animal lovers. (I'm not in the foodie category...)

vickyinottawa

• View Profile
    • http://www.offhand.ca
Kids Movies
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 03:30:46 PM »
I enjoyed that too - that was the last movie I saw with G on one of those mom-and-baby matinees.  The stinker bit me when he was nursing...  So I did miss some parts in the aftermath....

arborman

• View Profile
    • http://bohemiancoast.blogspot.com
Kids Movies
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »
For the very young kids, Curious George was actually pretty fun - my 2 year old sat still for a whole 72 minutes (a definite first), and I enjoyed it too.

I'm told by professional animators (who also have a 2 year old) that My neighbour Totoro is wonderful, though I haven't seen it yet myself.
The pleasures of the table are for every man, of every land, and no matter what place in history or society; they can be a part of all his other pleasures, and they last the longest, to console him when he has outlived the rest.

Timebandit

• View Profile
Kids Movies
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 07:28:49 PM »
Totoro is amazing.  So are the rest of Miyazaki's films, although Totoro is the best for small children.  Some films are much more adult-oriented.
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

Return To TAT