Author Topic: What a woman!  (Read 2449 times)

Morning Glory

• View Profile
What a woman!
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:34 AM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I can breastfeed and post at the same time!  I'm doing it right now!  I am also chewing gum and standing on my head.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
What a woman!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 08:41:16 AM »
:D

I could never entirely stand on my head, although I could do a three-pointer -- head and hands on the floor, with knees up and resting on the elbows. I still do a pretty good somersault, and I can still touch my toes with my legs straight.  :)

Lemme see: I can type to the board with Guinevere sitting on my shoulder, claws digging in for balance and because Minerva is glowering at her from the cushion beside the desk, while at the same time spying on my neighbours as they go to work and ducking phone calls if I can tell from call display that I don't want to talk to that strange author just yet.

And every time I run down the hall to the bathroom, I take a moment to wash another patch of the hall floor where someone tossed up yesterday, rinse out some underwear, scrub the toilet, and smear some more Prep H under my saggy eyes.  

How'm I doin'?

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: What a woman!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:55:08 AM »
Quote from: Morning Glory
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I can breastfeed and post at the same time!  I'm doing it right now!  I am also chewing gum and standing on my head.

That's lovely MG, I just love the image in my mind, and yes I miss that incredible snuggly intimacy. I have a gf right now in N.B., when we're on msn, she always prefaces the conversation with 'typing one-handed again', and I know baby is in a sling she made. The sling is if something really charges her up and she simply MUST have the use of both hands.

So of course I insert some of her pet topics to get her going. Hee-hee  :twisted:
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
What a woman!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:16:53 AM »
:nak  this one's for you MG!
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

deBeauxOs

What a woman!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:31:52 AM »
skdadl wrote:
... And every time I run down the hall to the bathroom, ..., and smear some more Prep H under my saggy eyes.  How'm I doin'?
 Young lady, do you have an income that will support what seems to be an emerging Preparation H jones?  I can just imagine the news flash: skdadl busted for doing Prep H in the women's loo of the AGO.  Closed circuit security video tape at 11.

vickyinottawa

• View Profile
    • http://www.offhand.ca
What a woman!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:55:01 AM »
Yay, MG!  You are an inspiration!

deBeauxOs

What a woman!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 11:01:23 AM »
Breastfeeding ... nostalgic pause.  Now that topic is thread worthy.  Thanks for inspiring this topic, Morning Glory.  Lactating women RULE.  And if you don't like that, watch out!! We'll poke you in the eye with a gush of hot milk!!  :shock:

Timebandit

• View Profile
Re: What a woman!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:12:28 AM »
Quote from: Morning Glory

Good for you!

I figured out how to type and bf at the same time when Ms B was small, and man, it came in handy when I had Ms T -- half-done a contract (hey, I was probably gonna be overdue, who'd a thunk the kid would be punctual!) and had to finish up shortly after she arrived.  

I loved my sling!!!! :D
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

Return To TAT