Author Topic: Winning the hearts and minds  (Read 2983 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Toedancer

• View Profile
Winning the hearts and minds
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 10:09:38 PM »
Fucking Pricks.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 07:57:41 AM »
I could just barely stand to watch that.

Tell me that it isn't men, it isn't men, it isn't men ...

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 06:55:25 PM »
Recent reports published in U.S. and Canadian newspapers say that, in some cases, NATO soldiers have expelled Taliban militants from regions only to see them return once the western forces leave.

NY Times.....

then, from Yahoo:

But he said the insurgent force has been severely damaged and left unable to mount an effective fighting force. He suggested that's why the Taliban have resorted to the improvised explosive devices - including suicide bombings - that have taken the lives of 38 Canadian soldiers.

Despite the bombs, stability is being restored.

and

"Now you see families and children who've come back," Laroche said as a group of waving small children ran alongside the convoy. "A year ago you didn't see that."

If I believe both of these I will have some kind of personality problem.  :shock: or perhaps a bad case of Orwellian doublethink.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Winning the hearts and minds
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
I don't know whether to believe this, I can't even comment. 13 more years? Will that include our troops?

America and Afghanistan are close to signing a strategic pact which would allow thousands of United States troops to remain in the country until at least 2024, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

http://tiny.cc/qkwci

(I am having zero luck with my links, will try n fix.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:42:44 AM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Return To TAT