Author Topic: Day 3 @ April Reign  (Read 3222 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Day 3 @ April Reign
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:03:14 AM »
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Day 3 @ April Reign
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:40:16 AM »
Debra: Gosh.   :hug

(Have we ever argued? I don't remember any arguments. Maybe occasionally we have had different positions on specific things, but have we argued? Wanna argue?   :wink:   )

These lines especially moved me:

Tribute to the women in war zones in constant fear of death, rape, loss of home, family and life. No quiet moment, no putting your feet up at the end of a hard day knowing that tomorrow may bring rest. No putting children to bed confident that tomorrow they will play carefree. Wondering where the next meal, or next mortar is going to come from.

Tribute to the women living in poverty, fending off questions from their children as to when they can get the cool toy or cool outfits the kids at school have. Wondering how to tell them Santa might not be coming. Having to go to food banks for dented, expired cans of food. The seniors living in poverty not knowing who will care for them should they become unable to care for themselves. To the widows who are romanticized in story and victimized in reality.

Sometimes when I have felt unwell or vulnerable m'self, I've thought suddenly of what it would be like to have people bursting into my home in the middle of the night to beat me up, or to have bombs falling all about me when I am just a poor vulnerable creature. And I wonder at the smug people who believe we are justified in exploiting others' lives and their countries, or who just refuse to look.

kuri

• View Profile
Day 3 @ April Reign
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 11:03:36 AM »
That's a great entry, Debra. I liked your video, too, (what I saw of it - my compy decided it wanted to turn off part way though :( ).

Return To TAT