Author Topic: Je ne regrette rien ...  (Read 3285 times)

deBeauxOs

Je ne regrette rien ...
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »
Meanwhile back at the ranch, PQ leader André Boisclair offers his own political commentary to the SSM issue.  :wink:
Mr. Boisclair appeared in a comedy sketch to be aired next month on MusiMax channel featuring caricatures of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and U.S. President George W. Bush seen naked from the waist up in a tent.

As the playful Bush character throws cherries at Harper's nipples covered with whipped cream, the real André Boisclair peeps his head through an opening in the tent. "Quebec won't get mixed up in something like that," ...
More.

brebis noire

• View Profile
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 01:14:06 PM »
I heard about this yesterday - but I thought it was for the annual TV year-end send-up of everything, Le Bye-bye 2006. Most of the sketches on that show are excruciatingly painful to watch, but it's all in a spirit of (dysfunctional) family fun.

From the description, I don't see what the big deal is, but the Globe sure made it sound like Boiclair had made the faux-pas of the century.

lagatta

• View Profile
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:17:45 PM »
This will blow over very quickly. I remember that pic of Harper at the Stampede... that was a far worse (fashion) faux pas.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 01:31:12 PM »
Harper's nipples covered with whipped cream,

Le Bye-bye Lunch.   :shock:

What made me laugh, though -- go to that G&M page and look at the photos from today's front page of the Grope ... where Paul Martin is hugging one after another of the leadership candidates.  Ah, serendipity.

deBeauxOs

Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 01:36:22 PM »
Well I think that it was a scathingly brilliant and brave thing for Boisclair to do, in view of all the slow dancing that Harpoon is doing with Dubya and Charest.

'lance

• View Profile
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 04:05:27 PM »
Quote from: brebis noire
From the description, I don't see what the big deal is, but the Globe sure made it sound like Boiclair had made the faux-pas of the century.

Somehow, that figures. Good old Toronto the Good -- forgotten, but not gone.

anne cameron

• View Profile
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 08:37:28 PM »
Thank God for Andre!

Jeebuz Crisp have we become so politically correct and so tight-assed we can't even joke about things?

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 08:40:21 PM »
What's the big deal?
 :?
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

kuri

• View Profile
Je ne regrette rien ...
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 09:27:47 PM »
Y'know it's weird. I remember worrying that what with the politicians cozying up to the comedians of "this hour" that in Canada satire would die because the politicians were too eager to get in on the joke and no one would be the uptight ninny who actually made it all funny for the rest of us. Like, I recall those two elderly lady characters that Mary Walsh and Cathy Jones played sideling up to Paul Martin and insulting him right and left and he laughed. He was revelling in the attention, clearly knowing that any attention from the "this hour" set was a good thing.

Thanks, Quebec Liberals for once again taking up the necessary role of stick-in-ass that's required to make comedy edgy and funny.

Return To TAT