Author Topic: Hair  (Read 20809 times)

vmichel

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 10:29:39 PM »
Hold the phone on that a-line business... I googled it to find a picture, and got a lot of hits for inverted bobs. So probably I'm confused, or the stylist was confused, or it means different things (the first being the most likely explanation!).

I will see if I can find the cut I am thinking about. I loved it, so much so that I had the stylist demonstrate exactly how to do it for future reference!

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Hair
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 05:12:30 AM »
How often do people wash their hair (or "the hairs," as French would have us say)?

I wash mine pretty much every day, which, as I say above, gives me the drying problem when it's long. Perhaps I am just a smellier person than usual (it does get smoky, I think).

steffie

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 07:37:12 AM »
Mine is getting longer, too, and as a result I use more hair products to control it/them.  First, I blow dry the front, as the "bangs" always give me problems (cowlicks), and let the rest dry on its own.  Then, I use a product called Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum on the dry, flyaway bits.  Because my hair is quite fine, a heavier conditioner will just weigh the hair down.  After the frizzies have been addressed, I brush my hair and apply a light coating of hairspray.  

Almost forgot to answer skdadl's question: I wash my hair every day, or at least, every day that I plan to be seen in public.
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi

pookie

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 07:39:35 AM »
Well, skdadl, I washed it every day for years (I have black, wavy-to-curly Indian hair).  I stopped doing that around 2000 and now wash it every other day, sometimes every three days.  Nothing I've ever done to it has done more good than that.

There are sprays and such you can buy to "revive" the hair between washings and deal with oil or dirt.  I use one, and it's pretty good (admittedly, I don't have oily hair and even by the third day it doesn't look dirty).  It's expensive (I spend too much on hair products) but lasts for months.  You use less of other stuff so it sort of works out.

lagatta

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 08:52:51 AM »
I certainly don't wash my hair more than every three days, unless I'm doing some intense exercise in the heat that would make it smelly, or something else that would make it dirty. My hair wouldn't look greasy even if I went a month without washing it; it would look dirty in another way, kind of dusty.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 08:58:28 AM »
Every morning.  Sometimes morning and evening, in the dog days of summer.
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

kuri

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 10:12:06 AM »
Quote from: brebis noire
Like kuri (let me guess, you have straight hair  :wink: ) I've found long hair to be the easiest to maintain. Long as in quite a few inches below shoulder length. I've never understood how short cuts can be low-maintenance, because you need to wash or wet your hair every single morning to get it under control. And if you have straight hair, it just goes flat right away.

Well, my hair is basically straight when long, although the ends get wavy. When I used to have short hair, or when I tried bangs, I have unmanageable curls. It needs weight to stay straight.

I only wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. More often if I'm swimming to get rid of pool chemicals. Otherwise I think it's better to distribute the oils by brushing.

lagatta

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 08:06:42 PM »
Had my hair cut and coloured. At least three inches chopped off. still below shoulders when wet, about long shoulder length when dry an curly. Hairdresser lured it into all separate curly ringlets. I'm not that patient.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Croghan27

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 02:29:55 AM »
Almost cut my hair
It happened just the other day
It's gettin kinda long
I coulda said it wasn't
in my way
But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel
like letting my freak flag fly
Cause I feel like I owe it
to someone
Must be because I had the flu' for
Christmas
And I'm not feeling up to parIt

CSN&Y
Deja Vu
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

lagatta

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 09:04:15 PM »
k'in, if that is a pic of you, your hair is a lot like mine.
Rosa Luxemburg

k'in

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »
It's a recent picture of my 3 year old niece.  I love her hair, but she inherited it from her father who is Indian/Guyanese.

Hair
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 09:17:35 PM »
That's a super cute picture, k'in.

lagatta, do you like your new hair?

lagatta

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 09:19:38 PM »
Oh, I thought it was a kiddy pic of you.

She looks older than 3.

eph,  better than before, but I want even more of a "cut into each curl". It is pretty much a blunt cut, with a bit of a bevel to keep it from sticking out too much because it is so curly/frizzy and thick.

Not complaining about thick, lots of women my age experience thinning hair! I can lose a bit without looking sexless and horrid.
Rosa Luxemburg

Hair
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 09:25:21 PM »
Have you thought about a hat to hide/flatten some of the curl? (I'm sending you a PM in sec).

lagatta

• View Profile
Hair
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »
Not at all, I look dreadful in hats, and have no desire to tone down the curl, just style it properly...
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT