Author Topic: Hair  (Read 20072 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: Hair
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »
Polamalu - wow.

One had better not use the s word on me, unless you want a MOST unpleasant situation. I mind very much getting older (not OLD yet, mind you) and as the only alternative is earlyish death, there isn't a hell of a lot I can do about it, but it is deliberate and unforgiveable cruelty to remind me of it.

brebis, there are far more serious reasons not to use the drugstore dyes if one is a brune - there is little to no regulation on the stuff in Canada, and there are harmful chemicals in many dark hair dyes. The stuff I was using is made in Germany, supposedly "organic" though that is bullshit to a great extent, but much less harmful.

Pogge, you probably looked more like some of my friends living with, then dying from AIDS. I trust you are better now?
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2010, 02:29:51 PM »
(pogge can tell you -- he was there, and she called him a senior too, and he's just a kid)
I remember that day quite clearly. It was the day I went in for prep on the surgery on my collarbone. I was down 25 pounds -- I weighed in at 119 lbs. @ 5'11-3/4" -- and I was walking veeeerrry carefully because I was still healing from multiple fractures of the pelvis. I'm sure I looked pretty senior.

Yeah, pogge is quite tall and ordinarily fairly slim, so he was pretty teetery. Gee: 119 -- at that point, I weighed more than you did.

The ticket-taker who called us seniors was no spring chicken herself. As I gaped at her, pogge pushed me along and said, "C'mon, it's cheaper."

pogge

• View Profile
    • Peace, order and good government, eh?
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2010, 02:48:39 PM »
pogge pushed me along and said, "C'mon, it's cheaper."
And I wanted to sit down.

pogge

• View Profile
    • Peace, order and good government, eh?
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2010, 02:54:58 PM »
I trust you are better now?
I got the weight back plus a little more. At least. I'm up a size when I buy jeans and I don't mean in length. Probably a combination of no tobacco and more ice cream.

I won't be running any marathons but I'm certainly surer on my feet now. 'Til I get tired. And the surgery went okay. That was July and when I finished physio in December I could get my elbow above my head again.

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2010, 08:07:59 PM »
Polamalu - wow.

One had better not use the s word on me, unless you want a MOST unpleasant situation.

OOPs ..  ::) good thing I did not mention that he is a strong
safety. 8)
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »
My dear friend and virtual-drinking-buddie croghie, you do know that I wasn't really referring to pipoles my approximate age (hey, Freedom 55!) or a few years older. Nope, to the young'uns (some in their early 40s - cripes they are young'uns for a long time now) who like to call us matante or mononcle (especially in traffic situations, and there have been infamous car ads centres on this: "Tasse-toé, mon oncle!"

Polamalu has even more hair than I did at 18 or so, and I thought I was some kind of hippie-freak phenom. I still have more hair than most 20-year-olds, though I'm sure I've lost a fair bit, and the places where my mum pulled my hair hard to make braids when I was little have become overly-wide parts, which leads me to deep shame... (Lots of pipoles, and not just mens, would rightly find this very silly).

Am I confused to boot? Seems to me I saw something on this thread about (financial) benefits of being 55 or older, and can't seem to find it...

Edited to add: I've found it - on the birthday thread!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:41:00 PM by lagatta »
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT