Author Topic: Conserving water  (Read 3366 times)

Morning Glory

• View Profile
Conserving water
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »
I was just backwashing the pool filter when I realized that with this essential pool-maintenance exercise I was wasting a bucketload of water.  (Don't ask why I've never noticed this before - I'm just daft.)

Can I store this water, ie fill a tub with it, and use it for the garden?  The water is contaminated with chlorine.  Though as it's not stabilized chlorine it pretty much breaks down in the pool when exposed to sunlight.  The plants (read weeds) that get doused when I backwash have no problem growing.

Writing this it also occurred to me that I'm probably contaminating the earth with this chlorine contaminated water.  Am I?  Please tell me I'm not.

lagatta

• View Profile
Conserving water
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »
I actually had been feeling guilty about the quantity of (cold) water I've been using to wash my carpet. I'm sure I've filled the bath at least six times. It is only starting to run entirely clean.

All the stuff in the carpet, when examined closely, consists of compacted cat hair, and probably lanolin residue from Renzo's coat (he is one of those sleek, shiny cats).
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT