Author Topic: The child is inconsolable  (Read 2142 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
The child is inconsolable
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:01:04 PM »
Good grief, was expecting baby adult girl to arrive tomorrow. A few more things to do around here. BUT got a call, sobbing her wee heart out "Mummy (mummy??) I'm coming up today, this afternoon in fact. I have to (sob, sob,  huge intake of breath, sob) rewrite Anatomy. I only got a 74% and I have to rewrite on Tuesday."

So there goes my time for last minute jobs. Oh well, gonna go get some Tall Boys for us. Cheers  :P
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:10:07 PM »
Now, you tell that chile that 74 per cent is damned good already, and the rewrite is therefore going to be a piece of cake. If she can do 74 per cent on a first try, she knows what she's doing. and maybe all she needs now is a little confidence. That's it. Work on the confidence that comes from experience, which she now has.

(Meanwhile -- and don't mention this to her -- I am calculating what 74 per cent of my anatomy would be. Which parts could I leave out and still be safe?   :wink:   )

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

(Meanwhile -- and don't mention this to her -- I am calculating what 74 per cent of my anatomy would be. Which parts could I leave out and still be safe?   :wink:   )

:rotfl:

Ah, anybody know what an OP is, in school that is? I think she also has to do the verbal presentation after the rewrite. Last semester she used a dummy of the human body, this year her buddy Ms. M is going to stand naked for her.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:46:40 AM »
Oral Presentation, gawd she must think I'm such a dim wit.

Oh well, I got pressies (belated Mother's Day). The sandals are Rockports. Very simple and nothing I'd buy for myself, but lovely. Wedge heel about 1.5 inch, white leather crossover (with a wee stretchy thing in middle). Fit beautifully.

2 pounds of Colombian medium roast, yummy.
2 necklaces, one is a knock-off of a Mayan hammered sun (I like it best).
A very gauzy pale yellow blouse with wee sequins that glitter in the sun. Ala '68.

Her eyes were somewhat swollen; she's confident she will do exceedingly well on rewrite and she's doing her co-op at Toronto General this summer. She's sleeping like the dead. I'm all a flutter and going to work in garden. On her way out of PeterB she saw a garden centre that had a .50 cent sale and she brought me a full flat of pretty little faces.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 10:34:58 AM »
Awwww.  

I'm glad you've got your baby home safe, Toedancer.  :)

Return To TAT