Author Topic: Fathers4Justice poursuit féministe et revue de gauche  (Read 9049 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
Fathers4Justice poursuit féministe et revue de gauche
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 10:22:47 PM »
As you can see earlier in this thread, Barbara Legault is the person being sued by the shitheads.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Berlynn

• View Profile
    • http://politicsnpoetry.wordpress.com
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 11:08:02 PM »
I mistakenly posted about this issue here because it landed in my inbox today and I blogged it.

The court date is next week.  Am I misunderstanding this or is the suit against both the writer and the magazine or just one?  

What a way for the fuckwads to try to shut down women's voices!
Never retreat, never explain, never apologize--get the thing done and let them howl.  -- Nellie McClung

kuri

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »
Woohoo! "'Quarrelsome' label shackles father's legal action"

Nothing like seeing a bully told to go stuff himself!

Declaring Andy Srougi a "quarrelsome litigant," a Quebec Superior Court judge has issued a ruling that effectively bars the Fathers 4 Justice activist from filing any more legal action.

The ruling by Justice Andre Wery goes beyond what the Quebec Bar Association had requested. The bar had asked only that Srougi be restricted from filing any more professional disciplinary complaints against bar members.

But Wery, associate chief justice of Superior Court, ruled Tuesday that Srougi's abuse of the legal system has been so severe, he is using his powers to restrict him from filing cases in Superior Court, too.

The courts have been exceedingly tolerant of Srougi, Wery writes. The legal system costs money, however, and thus "must be used in a responsible and reasonable manner," the judge says.

The article doesn't mention A babord! though, I hope this means that his nuisance suit against them is shut down.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »
It will certainly help that shithead's ex-wife, Barbara Legault, and the people at A babord!

Barbara Legault is, or was, the tireless staffer at the FFQ (Fédération des femmes du Québec) who constantly located and sent out news, calls to arms, convocations about women's movements not only here but throughout the world. Many of my posts at babble, en masse and Bread and Roses were inspired by her circulars.

I think another woman has taken over for Barbara, at least temporarily. That is a huge commitment, not to mention this shit!

I do hope shithead's ex-wife is safe. :(
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

deBeauxOs

Re: Fathers4Justice poursuit féministe et revue de gauche
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »
Stoopid board search engine.  I can't locate the thread on this topic in English, so I'm posting this here.
A 13-year-old Ontario boy whose domineering father systematically brainwashed him into hating his mother can be flown against his will to a U.S. facility that deprograms children who suffer from parental alienation, an Ontario Superior Court judge has ruled.

Mr. Justice James Turnbull ordered the boy – identified only as LS – into the custody of his mother. He said that the boy urgently needs professional intervention to reverse the father's attempt to poison his mind toward his mother and, in all probability, to women in general.

“There will probably be future significant problems experienced by LS if the court does not intervene – including significant personal guilt for his part in the rejection of his mother, anger towards women, and dysfunctional relationships with women,” Judge Turnbull said.
[/i] Another poster Dad for Fathers4Justice.  Read the comments.

Return To TAT