Author Topic: Teaching Awareness  (Read 2469 times)

k'in

• View Profile
Teaching Awareness
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:39:25 PM »
No topics here yet so I'll try this...just a little story about getting together with the family.

First, I got to see my sister (she lives far away) and the nice surprise was she brought her 3 year old daughter (I had heard she was staying back home with her father).  I have the coolest parents in the world.  No question was ever too stupid.  Anyhow, my niece had one of those half vegetable/fruit velcro sets that is meant to teach matching the parts.  At first she would mis-match the sets and call the result lime-banana or apple-carrot.  Before you know it, we were calling the mismatches "GMO!" or "Monsanto!" or "Donald Rumsfeld!".  We were all laughing really hard.

Then, coming full circle my Mom announced that she had had a "k'in moment" that week.  She had taught me at a very young age to stand up for myself and not take any crap from anybody.  In regard to retailers she had marched me back to a store once to announce I would "take my business elsewhere" after getting bad service.  Anyhow, she had bought a welcome mat that turned out to be substandard earlier in the year.  So she took it back and got a full refund (much to her surprise).

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
Teaching Awareness
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 03:02:29 AM »
Sounds like you have a fantastic family k'in :-)
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Return To TAT