Author Topic: Worst movie ever  (Read 22074 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Worst movie ever
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »
That movie sucked and blew at the same time.  :lol:
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

gunnar gunnarson

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 09:58:46 PM »
Not so sure I'm with you folks on Independence Day, actually.  Yes -- awful acting, plot holes big enough to drive a truck through, and some truly inspired miscasting (Brent Spiner as the alpha geek?), yada yada yada -- but on the other hand, great special effects, and lots of shit gets blowed up real good.

Megabuck dreck is an art form of its own, doncha think?

And then there's the entire Ed Wood oeuvre.  Plan 9 From Outer Space, anyone?  Glen or Glenda?  And what the hell ever happened to the wonderfully named Dudley Manlove, anyway?

Hmmm.  And he plays a character named Eros.  Coincidence?

Worst movie ever
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 12:04:57 AM »
I thought that Clive Barker movies were all complete, pretentious shlock.

He did "Shocker" and "Hell-Raiser" right?

Actually, ... maybe i talked about this before, ... as a kid i used to see these commercials for a horror film called "Phantasm" and I always thought it'd be an awesome movie.  My friends and i worked it up in our heads as to what it must be like.  (It was rated 'R' so we couldn't see it.)

Then, in the late 1990s, i saw a video: "Phantasm III" and I thought: "If they're still churning this out, the special-effects must be tons better than in the 1970s", so i rented it.  

It was a laughable piece of shit.  It showed scenes from the first movie, and it looked just as stupid.

I also hated "Mad Dog and Glory."  I couldn't finish it, it bored me to tears and embarrassed me at the same time.

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
Worst movie ever
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 12:07:55 AM »
One of the worst that I caught recently was that Will Farrel comedy about the Nascar racing star -- I've completely blanked the title. Of course it wasn't meant to be high art or anything but it was really bad. Painful to watch.
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Bacchus

• Anya's Daddy-The Only Title than Matters
    • View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 12:19:40 AM »
Quote from: sparqui
One of the worst that I caught recently was that Will Farrel comedy about the Nascar racing star -- I've completely blanked the title. Of course it wasn't meant to be high art or anything but it was really bad. Painful to watch.

You mean the one where Borat plays the bad guy? The Frenchman?
When you're on your own
When you're at a fork in the road
You don't know which way to go
There's too many signs and arrows
You haven't laughed in a while
When you can't even fake a smile
When you feel ashamed...
The uniform don't make you brave

sparqui

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 12:38:16 AM »
YES!!! That's the one. I should add that we were travelling and desperate to watch anything English (and not dubbed) so we were receptive and it still sucked.

k'in

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »
Horrid repressed memory surfaces.  A movie titled Blue City Slammers
was filmed in the village where I grew up. Worst. Movie. Ever.  It ran for 4 days in theatre before it was shut down.  It aired once on CITY TV as part of it's "worst" movie series.  

BLUE CITY SLAMMERS - 3 Genies Nominations
Blue City Slammers is a sort of contemporary Midsum­mer Night's Dream, set in a small southern Ontario town. Directed by Pe­ter Shatalow, the film follows several members of a women's softball team, the Blue City Slammers, through a long, hot night of misunderstandings with their husbands and lovers. Cooled by many cans of beer and the occasional dip in a local quarry pond, the couples create the kind of gently affectionate comedy more associated with European than North American film-makers.

No plot, I mean no attempt at plot.  At one point they recreate the "deep thoughts" segment that used to run on SNL at one point.  Out of nowhere, girl is walking though a field, picking petals off a daisy as voiceover notes that "sometimes life in a small town can be tough".
Another classic line is guy returns from running off to Texas to seek his fortune.  He is asked" what is the price of gas in Texas?"  His deadpan reply "Goes up, goes down, who gives a fuck?"

This has to be one of those intentionally bad movies, like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.  There's no way they meant it to be this bad.

Holly Stick

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 07:28:30 PM »
Yay, Killer Tomatoes!  Remember the undercover guy who asks for ketchup? :lol:

ETC Then there was The Toxic Avenger, tasteless and so bad it's funny.
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »
In the spirit of the season, I nominate these as the worst films of all time: 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians' (1964), 'Babes in Toyland' (1986), 'Jack Frost' (1998), 'Surviving Christmas' (Ben Affleck, 2004), and Ahnold in 'Jingle All the Way' (1996). :santa2:

Croghan27

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »
I always thought I would attend a reading of laundry lists so long as Jack Nicholson did it.

Until I went to Anger Management - the popcorn was the best thing about it.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Worst movie ever
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 10:26:27 PM »
Well, we went and rented "DodgeBall" which was formulaic and frat-boy, but it had its moments.  But while there, we saw the cover for Cronenberg's "History of Violence," which i'd heard from so many people was great, awesome, Oscar-worthy, etc., ... and it turned out to be complete shit.

Anybody else see it???

Toedancer

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
All the King's Men with Sean Penn (ya remember while Katrina was happening) sucked.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

sparqui

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 11:09:26 PM »
I saw A History of Violence and thought it would be good based on the buzz and reviews I read. It was definitely shit.

I'm disappointed to hear that All the King's Men sucks :-(

(I like Sean Penn...)

Toedancer

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 11:14:39 PM »
Just my opinion Sprawui just mine. Some may think it's great. Me, I have absolutely no time for such a thin slice of Americano history. Pure bullshit.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

'lance

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 11:22:38 PM »
Quote from: sparqui
I saw A History of Violence and thought it would be good based on the buzz and reviews I read. It was definitely shit.

O Lord. Twice now, M and I have gone to a movie chosen by her brother. Twice, we've walked out only to receive an embarrassed, apologetic look from his girlfriend.

The first was Charlie's Angels II: Full Throttle. To be fair to the b-i-l, we went to that willingly, because the first had been sort of charming, goofy fun -- but all of us except the b-i-l agreed the only use of the sequel was to prop up the pharmaceutical industry, by increasing the demand for headache remedies.

The second was A History of Violence. My spidey-sense was tingling before that one, and it was right. Not the worst movie I've seen, by a long shot, but a definite waste of two hours and $10.

Next time he suggests a movie, I'm going to insist on choosing it.

Having said all that I thought Talledaga Nights (the NASCAR movie with Will Farrell and Sasha Baron Cohen), though dumb, was funny.

Return To TAT