Author Topic: Worst movie ever  (Read 22080 times)

deBeauxOs

Worst movie ever
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »
Miss Congeniality 2 - what a  :poodle:  that movie was, but then, typical of moronic and cheap guffaws that pass for humour in the US cinéma culture.  Certainly way, way, way below the calibre of a film like "Little Miss Sunshine".

Nikita

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2007, 12:20:44 PM »
I thought Napoleon Dynamite was funny, in a weird way, like what a mind fuck.  Some parts were so bizarre and annoying I felt almost itchy with irritation, but some parts were quite amusing.  But I don't think it was "brilliant" or "genius" like some people did, nor did I appreciate a year of constant Napoleon quotables (sadly, this void was filled with Borat quotables.  *sigh*).  Interestingly, I just realised those commentators were all men - maybe Hitchens was right and the wimmen just don't get it?   :ducking

eta: proof reading... good to do.

faith

• View Profile
    • http://www.faithloverobertson.com
the Arts
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2007, 01:03:42 PM »
Napoleon Dynamite was impossible to sit through, although I lasted longer than my husband.
Teenagers speaking a combination of guttural grunts and surfer dudeisms, why would anyone want to watch that? At the time that that movie came out my house was filled with real live teenagers doing exactly the same thing, ghaaaa- life imitating art or the opposite?
Turn on the movie or turn it off and I saw the same thing - teenage angst, please spare me.
The problem was that I "got it" immediately and it wasn't necessary to torture myself with watching the whole thing.
just picture it

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Worst movie ever
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »
The first Austin Powers was lent to sweetie and touted as the funniest movie ever. We put it on, watched about 5 minutes, looked at each other, and turned it off. It was downright painful.

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
Worst movie ever
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2007, 03:17:39 PM »
In university I had a thing for a gal who had a thing for movies, so she'd drag me to screenings.  I remember "The Color Purple" as having about 5 endings:  one at a normal, reasonable point in the story when things had been wrapped up and audience members were ready to go back to their residence rooms to make out, and about 4 more, spaced out at interminable 15 to 20 minute intervals after the "normal" ending, and (as far as I could tell), each adding nothing whatsoever to what was already a long movie, and each prompting me to prepare myself to leave like I was preparing to steal third.  And each time, I was denied the credits I so craved, until by the end I really wished Danny Glover's character would kill Oprah, kill everyone else, then turn the gun on himself as the credits finally rolled!

The same gal dragged me to a subtitled showing of "Jules et Jim".  Lemme tell you, that scene where they're very symbolically sawing that log didn't help the rest of the evening any either.
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

Return To TAT