Author Topic: BnR Dream Diary  (Read 54328 times)

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 02:21:29 PM »
Makes sense, Nikita.

I'm still thinking about the eyes, though.

"It's a great way to see the world!" she said.

Really.

Holly Stick

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 02:25:08 PM »
Funny, I wouldn't have imagined nuns were great world travellers... except for the Flying Nun, of course. :wink:
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 06:08:47 PM »
Quote from: kuri
Are you into dream interpretation, eph?

Nah, not really. Dreams are fun, and for sure, they often have a way of visualizing my emotions for me. But, each dream could have 50 different interpretations, and I just don't find it worthwhile to invest time and energy in agonizing over exactly what my dreams mean. And then, I could end up chasing hopeless avenues because I convince myself that I was intended to go somewhere because my dream said so. It all gets too chaotic!

I had (somewhat) recurring nightmares for years - since I was a little kid till a few years ago. They always had the same theme that someone was chasing me, I kept running and hiding in tiny places, someone was gonna kill me. The nightmares could have a meant a million different things, and I was never really in touch with my emotions to have figured it out anyway. (I blocked a lot of things). Life events like falling in love forced me to open myself up and be vulnerable to shitty (and good) stuff, few disjointed memories came back. I went for therapy for an abused childhood. I hated it, continued with self-therapy though, got more confident about being emotional, and then one day, all the nightmares just stopped. So, I know there is a link between dreams and life circumstances. But I would find it too tiresome to try and interpret my dreams.

Last night, I had three very vivid and intense dreams about feeling my baby roll around in my belly. I honestly did not know (and I'm still not sure) whether they were dreams or not. thwap and I decided they were because the movements were too intense all at once. Punches and kicks and rolls and stuff.

Nikita, my mum thought I should have been a nun too. Before I knew what sex was, I thought it was a great idea because my dad literally worshipped money, I hated my dad, so I hated money, and nuns live their lives with very little money. So, I was pretty pumped about becoming a nun!

Nikita

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »
Quote from: Holly Stick
Funny, I wouldn't have imagined nuns were great world travellers... except for the Flying Nun, of course. :wink:

Going out to missions in Brazil and Africa.  I thought it was horrendous, the idea of spreading the doctrine.   :yuk

Boom Boom

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 11:26:48 PM »
I often dream of jumping off a tall building or bridge and flying through the air with the greatest of ease.  :innocent

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 05:39:46 AM »
Quote from: fern hill
This is the best dream I ever had (and it probably won't surprise anybody). I was a hockey player, a defenseman. I was in the corner trying to dig the puck out. It was really bright and loud and sweaty. Finally, I got the puck, passed it to a forward, who streaked off and got a goal! :yay: I got an assist! I woke up laughing.

I suppose we get one guess as to which team you were playing for?

I can remember only one hockey dream, in which I was playing goal for the Canadiens -- in the Stanley Cup final, I think it was. Who we were playing I have no idea, but I was getting shelled like a peanut. It was humiliating. After the second period I didn't come back onto the ice, but got out of my gear and into civvies, and wandered through Montreal. Afterwards I came back to the dressing room, to find that the backup goalie hadn't done much better than I, and we'd lost. The guys weren't too broken up about it, joking and laughing and slapping me on the back -- "it happens," "wait till next year," and the like.

Until, that is, the coach came in the room. It was Camilien Houde -- in real life, once the mayor of Montreal. The place went silent as he glared at me, without saying a word. I knew I was in serious trouble -- not for playing like a bum, but for running out on the team before the end of the game. I felt like a little boy about to get the strapping of his life from a particularly tough principal, but before Houde could say anything, I woke up.

I'd like to be able to dream tonight, but the problem is I can't sleep.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 05:42:53 AM »
Good heavens, 'lance. What time is it where you are? Even here, I'm an early bird.

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 05:44:42 AM »
It's a quarter to three, and there's no-one in the place, except...

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 05:46:28 AM »
So set 'em up Joe ...  

Great song, eh? You and the DMM and I should all practise so that when we're next together, we can weep our way drunkenly through that song at a bar somewhere.  :D

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 05:57:25 AM »
Come to think of it, don't you have 3:00 last calls in Ontario, these days? I been away a long time.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 06:00:22 AM »
'lance, I can't remember the last time I was in a bar in this town, much less at 3 a.m.  gunny might know, though.  :wink:

Do you think it's having to go back to work this morning that's got you wakeful?

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 06:03:13 AM »
There's a haggis at Aviemore! Right now!

That's the first one I've seen at Aviemore.

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 06:03:16 AM »
Quote from: skdadl
Do you think it's having to go back to work this morning that's got you wakeful?

Most probably. Whenever I have trouble sleeping, it's usually on Sunday nights. But these days, "trouble sleeping" means it takes me an hour to get to sleep, instead of twenty minutes; or else it means I wake up at 3:30, but get back to sleep an hour or so later. I can't remember the last time I had real insomnia.

Quote from: skdadl
There's a haggis at Aviemore! Right now!

That's the first one I've seen at Aviemore.

I missed that one, but saw one in front of the Scottish Parliament.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 06:12:11 AM »
I'm waiting for Grocery Gateway to arrive. The kitties think they want breakfast, but that's pointless if the guy is going to appear midway through and scare Ollie into the basement for an hour. So this place is fairly active, actually, although that feels weird because it is so dark outside still. I can't see nuthin'.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »
I often dream of being back in Ottawa in the 50s and 60s, guess I miss that time in my history. I've often had dreams of being in sports cars and racing through the countryside (I used to have a '68 Mini Cooper that I raced and rallied). I don't think I've ever placed myself in a Corvette, but certainly many Ferraris.  8)

Return To TAT