Author Topic: BnR Dream Diary  (Read 53968 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:42 AM »
I had a very odd, protocol-laden dream. I was in Switzerland, in la Suisse romande, the French-speaking part. I was taken to the mairie d'arrondissement (district town-hall) of a city, either Geneva or Lausanne, unclear. Dream took place mostly in French, with a few snippets in Italian, German and English. I was transported on an ugly old Mtl bus, amid sleek trams. Their was quite a hubbub -  a slate from the Alternative Left had been voted in to the arrondissement. The hall was very old-fashioned and fusty, with damassé wall coverings and fancy doors.

This contrasted with the colourful campaign posters the party faithful were adorning the rooms of the town hall with - the typical Red/Green motif of such slates. People were making a fuss over me and saying "oh, vous êtes la femme du maire". Evidently I was the companion of the mayor-elect (dreams are weird, hein?) but I replied "I'm a longterm trade-union and associative (community) activist from Québec".

I have never more than passed through Switzerland, and have no idea what triggered that aspect of the dream. The protocolaire aspect is easier to understand, as I'd recently worked at a conference with strong protocol aspects to it.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »
This contrasted with the colourful campaign posters the party faithful were
adorning the rooms of the town hall with - the typical Red/Green motif of such
slates

In colour too ... impressive - colour in dreams (I am sure) mean something important - I just cannot remember  quite what:hug

Perhaps I am losing some imagination - in the last couple of weeks I have had dreams wherein I return to a venue I have dreamed of before. (How's that for difficult construction?) Both previous encounters were in nightmares - but these were far more benign - maybe a bit piquant:nerd

"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2011, 03:13:59 PM »
I think the colour just means that one of my useless degrees is in fine arts.

There is always colour in my dreams; sometimes vivid, sometimes muted as in an underground space. I love trains whether long-distance ones or métro/subway/tube.

This was a very benign dream; just a strange one.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2011, 03:29:02 AM »
Eating before bedtime is pretty much an invitation to dream, which I do. Tonight's episode finds me in a large, gorgeous estate owned by rich folk, presumably relatives of ours. I'm having a nice sleep in my rooom and am wakened to find it has been added to the 'party rooms' for the big party which starts in just a few minutes. Rather grumpilly I get dressed and head to the back rooms to hang out with the help, who turn out to be very decent and kind folk. The owners of the estate and their guests are all putting on airs, so it's nice to escape that nonsense, thinks I. One of the help, a nice young woman, prepares a cold drink for me - some kind of fruit punch without alcohol. I then wake up, and think - that's the kind of life companion I have been looking for all these years.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »
I had a strange one last night - caught with the baby. I was in Amsterdam (though as usual in dreams there were traces of other cities and towns, on whatever continent) in a small shop. Mostly a bakery though other things were on sale. A woman older than me was huffy about her favourite cheese bread not being up to standard. I was buying something small like a croissant or a bun (it was early in the morning). There was a baby in a stroller alone, without mum or dad. I thought I remembered who the parents were and rushed out (with baby in stroller) to try to find them. No luck so I returned to the little shop to find distraught mum. She was an immigrant lady from Turkey or the Middle East, in hijab and traditional dress, and spoke very little Dutch (and no other language I can understand ... and my Dutch is fairly pathetic). Of course young mum was beside herself and crying. The shopkeeper (European, I think Dutch) was curt and unhelpful. I was very happy to be able to find her and return the baby (yes, I was terribly worried for the baby and parents, but also did NOT want to be stuck with a human baby - I'm only maternal to cats).

I thought all was resolved but then a plainclothes detective appeared and flashed a badge at me, with the implicit threat of charging me with of all things kidnapping... This woke me up with a bolt.
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT