Author Topic: BnR Dream Diary  (Read 54325 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
I've avoided this topic because I don't see what it has to do with the philosophical and spiritual, unless one believes that dreams are divine visions - an outlook seen in many faith systems.

My dreams tend to take place in an urban landscape that moves seamlessly between continents - often via métro, tram etc. Once I dreamt of riding my bicycle past Parc Lafontaine with everything green, while it was actually winter, but I don't have as many bicycle dreams as my reliance on that mode of transport would justify. I have the standard paranoid dreams about being chased etc but the scariest ones are those that relate to real fears such as a lack of money.

I do have pleasant, sensual, sexual dreams sometimes. Mmmm.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

arborman

• View Profile
    • http://bohemiancoast.blogspot.com
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2007, 01:49:25 PM »
I have one dream that I can always easily interpret.

I spend the whole night running.  People, usually in suits, are chasing me through huge buildings with many stair cases.  I am never more than a few steps ahead of them.  Sometimes it's first person, sometimes I see it in third person.  They have never caught me, and there is rarely any actual violence - but the implication is there.

I wake up exhausted.  Every time I have that dream, I have a deadline looming, or I've otherwise allowed some pressing and important item to lag behind.  

It used to freak me out, but now I tend to use it as a helpful red flag, warning me that I have no more time for procrastination, and I have to get to work.
The pleasures of the table are for every man, of every land, and no matter what place in history or society; they can be a part of all his other pleasures, and they last the longest, to console him when he has outlived the rest.

BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 07:22:17 PM »
Quote from: 'lance
Come to think of it, don't you have 3:00 last calls in Ontario, these days? I been away a long time.

I believe that's true in Toronto (not sure though). In Hamilton, all the bars close at 2 a.m. Night life kinda sucks here, but I prefer to start my drinking early in the day anyway so that I can go to bed early.

Quote from: lagatta
I've avoided this topic because I don't see what it has to do with the philosophical and spiritual, unless one believes that dreams are divine visions - an outlook seen in many faith systems.

It was a toss between this forum (I thought some others may find it spiritual), banter and something else that I can't remember now. I did eenie meenie minie moe and I was forced to post here.  :)

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007, 06:24:44 AM »
Up at sparrowfart again, woken by a dream. I can't remember anything but the end. I was coming home, turned the corner, and saw that the entrance to my building was blocked off by that yellow-and-black plastic tape. The building didn't look damaged and I didn't get close enough to see if the tape said 'Caution' or 'Crime Scene'. Woke me right up.

OK, I am attached to this place and I do prolly watch too many telly cop shows. But WTF is my wee pea brain up to with that?

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007, 06:54:28 AM »
Are you still worried that Reno-Boy might buy the building?

BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
two people who'd owned the house beforehand were giving us pointers on how to clean and fix their filthy bathroom.

some other dweeb fell from the wall and broke some pipes and i thought about plumbers' bills and bashed him around and banished him from the house.

two cynical mormons came to my door.

i had to go back to work and i missed every of the surprisingly many buses that there were.

then i couldn't remember where my office was or what i was supposed to be doing.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007, 07:58:55 AM »
Quote from: skdadl
Are you still worried that Reno-Boy might buy the building?

Well, one of the gangs of fucking yuppies bought it. I'm now writing cheques to a management company with a cutesy-poo name. I don't think RenoBoy is part of it.

But yeah, as a renter, I guess I'll always have some anxiety about housing.

And, yowza, thwap, missing buses, forgetting where you work, classic anxiety dreams.

Maybe just about everything is anxiety? :wink:

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »
Quote from: thwap
two cynical mormons came to my door.

Cynical Mormons? I'm having a hard time picturing it, but it would be an interesting change from the more common fresh-faced, wholesome types.

I almost laughed out loud on the bus one time when I saw two soberly-dressed young men whose lapel name-tags designated them "Elder" So-and-so. If the lads were old enough to shave, they weren't much older.

BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »
Well, the Mormons were kinda sneering at me and really didn't seem to believe what they were telling me.  It was like they were just going through the motions.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »
It was like they were just going through the motions.

Some of them are.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007, 12:30:05 PM »
Hmmm. I suppose young Mormons, like young people anywhere, get forced into chores they don't like -- in this case, "going on mission" -- and so just do them perfunctorily.

Alternatively, they could just have been thieves in disguise, looking for houses with no-one hoome.

k'in

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007, 01:31:27 PM »
'lance wrote:
I almost laughed out loud on the bus one time when I saw two soberly-dressed young men whose lapel name-tags designated them "Elder" So-and-so. If the lads were old enough to shave, they weren't much older.

I was on the subway a few months back and saw one of these guys.  Didn't clue in until later that dude was a Mormon.  The name tag read "Elder Lee" which made me chuckle cuz guy was probably no older than 17 tops.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:45 PM »
Elder in their case means

The proper title given to holders of the Melchizedek Priesthood. The title is used for members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, the First Quorum of the Seventy and for full time missionaries.

'lance

• View Profile
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »
Melchizedek Priesthood. Right.

Then there were the two sweet young things, "Sisters" So-and-so, wearing summery flower-print dresses, who approached me in Princes Island Park in Calgary, as I was walking home from work one afternoon. They asked if they could tell me about their good news (or whatever formula they used), I turned them down politely, and we all moved on.

Except that five minutes later, I couldn't help wondering how they'd have reacted if I'd leered and "certainly, my dears, why don't we go into that pub over there and talk about it?"

Of course I'd never actually have done it -- I'm not the narrator of a Philip Roth novel, for which my friends and relations are no doubt grateful -- and this was far from the most annoying such approach I've ever had.

But when people will wander the public streets retailing such fruitbar beliefs, it's tempting to react, or anyway think about reacting, with something other than bland politeness.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
BnR Dream Diary
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007, 01:51:08 PM »
Ah yes the sisters.

Now they will lure you in, but it is the elders who do the majority of the teaching and only the "priesthood" can do the baptizing.

Women are told that men get these special privileges because they have a harder time obeying god and so need to be made to feel special.

Doesn't that make you feel all gooshie inside?   :roll:

Return To TAT