Author Topic: antidotes to winter  (Read 5966 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
antidotes to winter
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 10:23:29 AM »
Oh, that does sound lovely. You could also cook that chicken in a shallow casserole dish (one of those oblong pyrex ones also used for big lasagne is fine), Greek-style, with hunks of peppers, onions, potatoes and whatever other vegetables look nice this time of year. And of course squeeze lemon (or lime, if they are nicer in the shops, though lemon would be more authentic). You can also add garlic and herbs. That also smells wonderful.

Oh, forgot about Mic and Renzo. I dunno - although castrated, they are both  tomcats.  I'm sure they'd eventually get along. But it is good for me to get out of the house, as I'd quite literally stay put all day if not. Moreover, I have to take in my friend's mail, flyers, etc for security reasons.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Toedancer

• View Profile
antidotes to winter
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »
Feeling ridiculously childish today after walk I remembered a dish D loved as child and just put it together. It's soo simple and delish. Lots of chicken parts, huge casserole dish. Throw in tin of mushroom with garlic soup at bottom(must be with garlic, tin of water, egg noodles (2 cups at least) uncooked, peppers of all colours, chopped onions, then raw chicken parts, another tin of mushroom/garlic soup, cover place in oven at 350. Bake for 1.5 hours, just before take out add breadcrumbs and grated cheese for about 15 minutes. Voila!

Went meandering on trail with Oz. No trail cut, so hard slog. When at least a mile away from all civilization Oz decided to do doggy angels in snow. She was positively joyful and so I joined her. Then I got up and she kept throwing herself to ground and doing more angels. Once she used her front paws sorta sideways and spun around in a complete circle ala the 3 stooges. I cackled like a crazed hyena watching her. On the way home got the idea for the chicken casserole.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

deBeauxOs

antidotes to winter
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 02:53:44 PM »
Chicken .... mmmmm.  Just thinking about those recipes and making a variation thereof, for dinner, with tons of garlic.  Mmmmm.
Quote from: lagatta
Oh, forgot about Mic and Renzo. I dunno - although castrated, they are both  tomcats.  I'm sure they'd eventually get along.
It's a guy thing.  Poquita detests other cats - except of course, for her beloved and sadly departed Babe.  A young female was introduced by a housemate, some years back - Poqui never accepted her.  It was all hissing and yowling and flying fur in the middle of the night sneak attacks until the other cat moved out.

Return To TAT