Author Topic: Planning for Birth Pangs?  (Read 339866 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Planning for Birth Pangs?
« on: February 02, 2007, 12:10:03 PM »
:lol:

Couldn't think of a title.

So on this thread, I posted this

I'm strongly tempted to start a factious campaign to legislate against pregnancy.

After all many aren't informed about the dangers of pregnancy and suffer physical and psychological damage.

The risks of post partum depression is high. Many go into it at an extremely young age and have thoughtless adults assuring them that they are making the right choice.

Many have pregnancy thrust upon them. Rates of death also known as maternal morbidity are between 4&5 per 100,000 births.

While this may seem low these deaths could have been avoided if we had laws against pregnancy.

Many women regret their decision to continue their pregnancy for the rest of their lives. Causing them guilt and depression.

Some babies are born so young they require intensive medical treatments
women considering pregnancy should be shown all the horrific things that can happen to them and their babies should they continue in their selfish quest to have children.

Berlynn offered to help if I wanted to go ahead and set something up.

I think others here may want to participate too.

We have room over at the old site so NAMES lets put our heads together and come up with a name for the site and a motto for the campaign.

The site will be under http://socialinteraction.ca/{insert name here]

And don't forget to put your writing skills to use we will need articles and graphics and expressions of pain and regret  :wink:
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Title: Birth Pangs (?)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »
ooo that's a good one!

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »
pelvic thrusting - the anti-climax  (just kidding)
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Berlynn

• View Profile
    • http://politicsnpoetry.wordpress.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:28:54 PM »
Save Lives!  Legislate Pregnancy!

Anti-pregnancy extemists launched a new website this week, NAME, as part of their call for legislation that will end pregnancies in Canada.  April Reign, the group's spokesperson said "The facts show that carrying a pregnancy to term is more dangerous than other medical procedures.  And then there are the post-partum issues:  depression, sleepless nights, teenagers."

Indeed, pregnancy can cause women to suffer physical and psychological damage.  The risks of post partum depression is high. Many go into it at an extremely young age and have thoughtless adults assuring them that they are making the right choice.  Many have pregnancy thrust upon them. Rates of death also known as maternal morbidity are between 4&5 per 100,000 births.  "Though this number may seem low," says Reign, "these lives could have been saved by laws against pregnancy."

The group will initiate a pan-Canadian lobby campaign in the coming weeks.
Never retreat, never explain, never apologize--get the thing done and let them howl.  -- Nellie McClung

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 12:36:39 PM »
Pregnancy produces brothers and sisters.

And lemme tell you, I have personal experience. Birth pangs and babies I can't do, but I can complain about brothers and sisters. And the cousins and the nieces and nephews -- don't get me started! Where will it all end?

Berlynn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 12:39:59 PM »
Why, I am sure that the money spent in birthday gifts alone is enough to purchase a new SUV!
Never retreat, never explain, never apologize--get the thing done and let them howl.  -- Nellie McClung

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »
shall we go with Birth Pangs or do I hear other suggestions from the floor?

Great first article Berlynn.  :lol:

Berlynn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »
I love Birth Pangs!

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »
Ok we have a second all in favour? say sure whatever

Sleeping Sun

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
Warning:  Pregnancy is only to be undertaken on the advice of your physician.  Do not attempt Pregnancy if you are already Pregnant, breastfeeding, have high blood pressure, or have been previously diagnosed with kidney or impatience problems.  Common side effects associated with Pregnancy can include, but are not limited to, crankiness, bloating, swelling abdomen, swelling feet and legs, leg cramps, feet growing too big for shoes, strech marks, cravings for odd foods, cravings for non-foodstuffs, a need to buy a new wardrobe, stress incontinence, lack of sleep, sciatica, haemorroids, indigestion, neasuea, baldness, irregular hair growth on places that didn't have hair, sore breasts, enlarged breasts, breathlessness, dark spots on face, inability to enjoy plonk, and waddling.  The most common side effect of Pregnancy, suffered by 90% of those attempting Pregnancy, is the excruciating pain of attempting to squeze an object the size of a watermellon out an orifice the size of a quarter.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 12:47:30 PM »
New research demonstrates that in addition to the well-known risks of depression, stretch marks, and back pain, there is a new danger to pregnant women -- large breasts.  Scientists are 100% agreed. Pregnancy causes breast enlargement.

fern hill, spokesthingy for Don't You Dare Look at Me (DYDLAM), a nationwide group of dowdy, hairy-legged feminists, said: 'It's disgusting. If you want bigger breasts, go buy them like everyone else. How can these selfish women expect the tax-payer to foot the bill for their breast enlargement?'

Berlynn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »
:rotfl:  Sleeping Sun, you're good!

Debra, sure whatever

chcmd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:07 PM »
:rotfl:  :rotfl:
Feel the fear and do it anyway

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »
Ooo, the title comes from someone who can't give birth.  :D  Caissa, in case you were wondering, is the Goddess of Chess.

Return To TAT