Author Topic: Anyone know anything about drug users' behaviour?  (Read 3809 times)

kuri

• View Profile
Anyone know anything about drug users' behaviour?
« on: March 07, 2007, 12:30:05 AM »
Deleted to remove personal information.

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »
Pardon the glib, but any temptation to sell baking soda at 5000x the market value??
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:24:19 AM »
I am something of a sucker, maybe a rube.

The lives of some of the people in the last place I lived were that bad that I could not blame them for occasionally 'leaving this consciousness' and getting lost in the arms of lethe. One fellow, Billy, had been fucked up since Vietman - the kicker being that he had never been in Vietnam: and Mike, who's knees looked like a road maps from all the injuries and operations, but could not get on ODSP.

On my pay days there would almost be a lineup at my door - a few cigarettes, some food, maybe even a couple of dollars. They usually did not get what they wanted, but never left with nothing at all..

Unfortunately there was a couple of crack addicts that lived down the street. I get up around 5:00AM for work and they would come a-knock, knock, knocking at my window around 4:55AM on paydays, looking for enough to get another $20 bit.

You have to somehow admire their tenacity, even after being turned down consistantly for months, they still kept comin' back.

Eventually I had to move - I did not mind being some kind of friend (enabler it is called in AA and NA) - but I am not their mother.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 06:10:02 AM »
it's quite possible they are still "using" that address

The fact they had to walk across snow would mean nothing heavy drug users don't also tend to be houseproud.  :D
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

justme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:39:41 AM »
A tape recording of a mean-sounding barking dog would probably chase away any ideas of a return visit for pillaging by the unwanted callers  :wink:

When somebody is 'on the hunt' to get high, and isn't very successful, they will try anyplace they have ever scored, in the hopes of scoring again.  So if buddy can't find what he's looking for and remembers he scored at a place in the past, chances are he will try again - 'just in case'.

Herr Magoo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
Why not just a sign on the door that says "Sorry I can't sell you drugs — I work for the RCMP.  Please ring the bell if you really want to ask anyway, and give me a moment to get my handcuffs".

Somehow I doubt they'd bother ringing the bell.
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°°¤ø,

justme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:00:37 AM »
:spit:
 :rotfl:

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »
When I got my present phone number, I had people phoning for the previous person very often for a year or two, then still every so often for years afterwards.  Now I get mail for someone who hasn't lived here for maybe fifteen years.  Our homes are ships travelling through the seas of time, collecting barnacles along the way.
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

arborman

• View Profile
    • http://bohemiancoast.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »
Alarm systems are reasonably affordable now - ours is monitored and costs about $25/month with no installation costs.  It also brings down the insurance rates.  It is a damn sight better than bars on the window, which is a Rubicon I am personally unwilling to cross.

I'd suggest a big BEWARE OF DOG sign, right underneath a sign that says 'WE DON'T SELL DRUGS.  THAT TENANT MOVED OUT A LONG TIME AGO.  SO FUCK OFF.  AND DID WE MENTION THE DOG?"
The pleasures of the table are for every man, of every land, and no matter what place in history or society; they can be a part of all his other pleasures, and they last the longest, to console him when he has outlived the rest.

Return To TAT