Author Topic: Clean By Design  (Read 20123 times)

Clean By Design
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »
Boom boom, I wouldn't mind moving in with you. Where you live sounds like it is remote enough that one can totally avoid people if one needs to... especially doctors.

kuri

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
Fern.... please help me....  :cry: I wanted to talk about cheating the cleaning gods.... now we've drifted over the moving and shuffles. I promise I'll never drift again. And I'll divert my donation to the drift police....

Clean By Design
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
kuri needs fern's help to clean up her act and the thread.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 10:12:22 AM »
Quote from: ephemeral
Boom boom, I wouldn't mind moving in with you. Where you live sounds like it is remote enough that one can totally avoid people if one needs to... especially doctors.

The nearest doc is 400 km away, and visits this community maybe two days a month, sometimes more often. I've lived on the coast since 1995 and I enjoy it in the months from April to December. Jan, Feb, and March can be brutal, although not always. The key is to keep a fire going in the furnace, and get out of doors as often as possible. I had a long skidoo ride yesterday, it was great. Given the accumulation of snow here, it may be mid-April before I get my truck out, and then I still won't be able to get very far outside of the community - the road leading outside the village isn't plowed at all, so it'll be near the end of May before I can drive a far distance ("far" to us is about ten kilometers) out into the boondocks. We're still a few years away from a connecting road to the outside world, I think.

Clean By Design
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »
Unplowed roads. Wow. All our snow is gone here. I don't expect it to be back till next winter.

kuri

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
Quote from: ephemeral
kuri needs fern's help to clean up her act and the thread.

I do. We don't appreciate Fern you know. She's a beacon of order around here.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Clean By Design
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »
Quote from: kuri
I do. We don't appreciate Fern you know. She's a beacon of order around here.

Hey, waitaminnit. I am a beacon of Disorder. Hop over to Birth Pangs to see my most recent effort. I suggested that we put Google ads on the site, Debra did, and now (or a minnit ago) we had ads for saving whales, international adoption, and attachment disorder!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:

I think the ads will prove to be funnier than the copy. Well, sometimes mabye.

Clean By Design
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 10:31:21 AM »
What the hell is attachment disorder?

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Clean By Design
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »
Click on the link and find out. :wink:

kuri

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
I guess I'm on my own then....

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Clean By Design
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2007, 11:01:29 AM »
this isn't Canadian but goes over some things

and HGTV.ca has some good articles to browse through
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

kuri

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2007, 11:15:46 AM »
You're a star, Debra. :D

Timebandit

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
Quote from: kuri
I guess I'm on my own then....

Globe and Mail style section had a bunch of green cleaning related advice/products/what-not today.  I already use green stuff, though, because I don't like the stinkum in regular products.  And toilets completely suck to clean -- they have all those stupid dust-catching surfaces and then get dampish so the dust sticks.  Gross.

We have 3 bathrooms.  All the toilets are stupid shapes.  

I'm happier when my house is clean, but I really dislike cleaning.
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

anne cameron

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 12:55:24 PM »
I'm very interested in TV commercials, the skilled use of semiology, the impact they have.  Often the most skilled technical work gets done for the commercial and the TV programme shows little imagination or creativity.  Lately I've been paying attention to the ad's for cleansers, cleaners, disinfectants, and the brainwashing push to a kind of germaphobia which disturbs me.Buy these wipes and destroy ninety percent of all bacteria, buy this compound, it also destroys viruses, wash your kids hands with this stuff, it's used in operating rooms....most of what they say is arrant blether.

And how are the kids... or us.... supposed to build up any sort of resistance to common "germs" if we're living in sanitized, even sterilized conditions?

And now we're supposed to teach our kids to cover their mouths with their inner elbows when they cough or sneeze, so as to keep germs off their hands.  Some of the time around here the trick is to teach them not to wipe their noses on their tee shirt tails!

kuri

• View Profile
Clean By Design
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 02:49:15 PM »
Thanks, timebandit. I'll check that out, too.

And I put one of Don Aslett's books on hold at the public library. Thanks for that tip, vmichel. :)

Return To TAT