Author Topic: What Hurts?  (Read 93266 times)

Stargazer

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
My chest is always up to something - allergies, which goes to asthma which goes to bronchitis. Then bladder infections which transfer to the kidney (this one isn't nice - throwing up and bad lower back pain).

Another thing that has started happening to me again are those terrible calf pains you'd get when you were growing. I get them now almost every night. Wake up in terrible pain. Same thing with my toes. For some reason they'll just start going off in directions of their own and it hurts like hell.

I think the scariest thing that has been happening, and which hurts only psychologically, is my lack of short term memory. First I completely lost all mathematical ability (and I got the second highest mark in statistics in university), then it was the inability to determine left from right (which is the source of many jokes directed at me but which is really worrisome). lately though it has been the loss of putting names to common objects, not being able to decipher what a person has just asked. I have to sometimes concentrate so hard - ask myself, 'what is that word' and then try to put an image to it. People get mad at me thinking I'm just ignoring them or being silly or bitchy but I really often times have no ability to understand what is being said.

I'm taking some sort of geriatric test for memory and getting an MRI done. No one seems to know what the issue is and to be honest, the doctors I have seen do not take any of this stuff seriously.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
What Hurts?
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2006, 01:51:22 PM »
shortages of calcium and potassium are linked with both calf pains and some memory loss. Also it helps to take b vitamins.

Though it could be something completely different for which that would do nothing.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Stargazer

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »
That may be the answer. Although I've had my electrolytes done and everything is fine (I get it done because being almost a vegan I think it's essential).

To be honest I think it all relates to stress.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
What Hurts?
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »
Well, looky here. Nobody has had any pain since last July.

Me, my back hurts. Has done for several days. I am self-medicating, which causes embarrassing tpyos.

Bacchus

• Anya's Daddy-The Only Title than Matters
    • View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 12:36:23 AM »
Two words Fern: Robax Platinum :yay:
When you're on your own
When you're at a fork in the road
You don't know which way to go
There's too many signs and arrows
You haven't laughed in a while
When you can't even fake a smile
When you feel ashamed...
The uniform don't make you brave

kuri

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2007, 12:48:06 AM »
I have blisters on my feet from various sandals of various strap arrangements. Does that count? It doesn't seem really bad.

I need to go pack now. I really do.

Timebandit

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2007, 01:22:18 AM »
The bunion on my left foot has been giving me hell this summer.  Doesn't even make a difference when I wear sensible shoes.  Working on an unstable SI joint that gives me troubles when I sit at a computer too much -- which I have, lately.  Had a massage today, though, and had a heckuva workout tonight, so that should help.  The last three standing in kung fu class tonight were us women.  Take that, tough guys!
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

lagatta

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »
Very little pain, actually - the very hot weather is heaven for my joints. A bit of stiffness in left knee, but I fear I'll always have that (it dissipates after doing some exercise - must get out on bicycle).

Debra, since this thread started have you been able to get proper shoes and/or orthotics? And any of you, comfy bicycles? I'm still angry about how expensive proper walking or sport shoes are ... some people must actually think the cheap ones at Zellers or WalMarde are actually trainers...
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

What Hurts?
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2007, 07:39:10 AM »
Quote from: fern hill
Well, looky here. Nobody has had any pain since last July.

Nah, just suffering in silence.

Me, my back hurts. Has done for several days. I am self-medicating, which causes embarrassing tpyos.

Me, I have to either be drunk or nauseous for typos... or type with one hand as I tend to do these days. You know, my hips didn't act up for nearly 24 hours yesterday. There is hope yet for my future.

I'm interested in Debra's feet too. Have the exercises helped any, Debra? Also, I'm pretty sure Boom Boom gave us an update on his hearing, but I can't remember.

Timebandit

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »
My pelvis separated some when I had Ms T, eph, so I had some similar pain to yours for a few months after she was born.  It eventually does go away, although I swear that trick SI joint I have now had something to do with her birth.  But yeah, there's hope for the future.   :)

Lagatta, I bought a pair of walking sandals this spring that are very comfortable, but odd-looking.  Here's a link:

http://www.keenfootwear.com/pdp_page.cfm?productID=21

Mine are a dark red colour that was being discontinued, so they were more affordable, but still much more than I've ever paid for sandals.  Worth it, though, and I suspect they'll wear like iron.  Nice for biking and hiking -- the toe is covered.
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

brebis noire

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 11:46:48 AM »
My pelvis separated some when I had Ms T, eph, so I had some similar pain to yours for a few months after she was born.

I tend to think that nearly all vaginal births involve some permanent separation of the pelvis, some kind of widening to various degrees. I can't say for sure, I have a relatively narrow pelvis, but it's sure not what it used to be. (this is my pet theory as to why many celebs schedule C-sections - they're afraid of that effect)

Timebandit

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »
Oh, for sure that happens with birth, brebis.  But it mostly goes back, maybe not all the way, and the cartilege that is meant to seperate firms back up over time.  You're never completely the same on a number of levels.

What Hurts?
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 10:13:56 AM »
Oh, my groin hurts big time today. All part of that big nasty pelvic bone. I think I may have done too much physical work this weekend, but it didn't feel like it at the time. Boy, am I ever glad I'm seeing the chiropracter twice this week. I see him today at noon-thirty.

Toedancer

• View Profile
What Hurts?
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007, 12:11:06 PM »
Eph, just got home. Got your Snuggli, might help with the weight of carrying poo-head.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

What Hurts?
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
Groovy, thanks Toe. Drop by whenever you can. :)  :hug:

So, chiropracter, who will henceforth be known as doc because chiropracter is too long, looked at my back and said, "It was a busy weekend, was it?" Yes, I mumbled. He said, "Yep, I can tell. The bone is very twisted". I didn't say anything.

Later, I said I felt very guilty about having pushed myself so much and I promised I wouldn't do it again. I told him my pubic area hurt like hell. He said he knew that. He asked if I was gonna tell him what I did. So, I told him I swept the floors, vaccumed, did a load of laundry, carried bulky stuff up and down the stairs from the second floor to the basement and vice-versa, including a toddler car seat. He didn't laugh at me. He's a good guy. Always gives me a lot of hope. He said, "well, last month, you wouldn't even have been able to vaccum. Sure it hurt you to do it on Saturday, but at least you were able to do it. So, we are making progress".

I will be resting all this week. Order in food if thwap can't cook. I may take baby out for a walk around the block if he gets too fussy inside. I am optimistic that I will be lots better by the weekend.

ETA: Oh yes, I forgot to mention. Because I'll be resting so much, I spent my money on a little bottle of almond liqeur instead of bus tickets that I need to travel to the doc's and back. thwap will have to buy me bus tickets now.

Return To TAT