Author Topic: summer clothing  (Read 37946 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 06:36:09 PM »
You really do? Belva and Eph like it too. Maybe I'll keep it for awhile, now that I know fearless knows where my old one is.  :D
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

lagatta

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »
Helen Mirren has the advantage of being able to choose skirts - and she has great legs.

I never wear shorts, except for housework, gardening, being in the country and THAT type of cycling (not in the city), but of course we have that skirt option.

I bought a really nice wrap skirt in Italy last summer, but I can't really wear it on the bicycle.

Yes, I found a gauzey cotton blouse I had bought for the Italian summer last year - wore it over a sleveless camisole. The blouse is very fine stripes, red, maroon and a sort of orange, in crinkly cotton.

Can't wait till I get a bit of a tan on arms and legs. They aren't pale as in a blonde person's pale - they are sort of greyish.

I did have spring things out, like my favourite denim jacket - thought I'd be wearing that for a while. Probably will, as soon as this extreme heat wave (32c here) is over. I like heat, but this is very, very sudden.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »
Speaking of Helen Mirren, I watched her Age of Consent (1969) on TMN last night (co-starred with James Mason). Never seen it before - and she was posing in the altogether.

GDKitty

• View Profile
    • http://hopeandonions.blogspot.com
summer clothing
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 06:51:51 PM »
:lol: Mirren told Morley Safer that she used to be known as "the girl who always took her kit off," so I guess that's not a big shock, eh?

summer clothing
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 06:52:51 PM »
Quote from: Toedancer
You really do? Belva and Eph like it too. Maybe I'll keep it for awhile, now that I know fearless knows where my old one is.  :D

Oh please do. Give everybody a chance to see how comical it is, then you can change it.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
summer clothing
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 07:02:12 PM »
I like Toe's new avatar too, but I don't think I'm seeing it properly. The little characters are shooting at a box with an 'x' in it. What is in the box?

Toedancer

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 07:07:22 PM »
Sheesh, whatever you want it to be I guess. The way I see it is this:

:geezera:  :geezera:  :age:  :age:

When I get a cane and I must have one someday, I intend to poke just about everything I'm curious about. No doubt BB can outfit it with a good ejectable point on the end of it.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

summer clothing
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 07:19:29 PM »
Quote from: fern hill
What is in the box?

It was her old avatar. She lost it. Now the smilies are poking at and shooting it to make it come back.

kuri

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised at the hate-on for shorts here! (I'm actually planning on sewing myself a pair shorts for summer - I want to combine the flowing capri length pant that was popular last year with the just-above-the-knee bermuda style short that's popular this year. Because I'm not yet a really good seamstress mine will have a draw-string waist - *way* easier to sew. If I have enough fabric left over, I might make a shrug jacket to match, or a bag.)

Papal Bull

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
Every year I seem to ruin 1 pair of pants to the point that I have to turn them into a pair of shorts. It always look ratty, but I don't wear them out.

However, during the summer I just wear my German 2006 trainer jersey or other athletic gear. I'm really hoping that my Ukraine national jersey comes soon. It is getting warmer and warmer. Plus, I need to look stylish and such when I watch football!
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

- Samuel Taylor Colerdige

belva

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 08:34:32 PM »
Quote from: skdadl
PS: Bring munnee.

why not ask this gril for a little help? seems she had plenty of gold :shock:

Charlotte de Berry was born in England in 1636. Her sea career started when she dressed as a man to follow her husband into the Royal Navy. Their ship was attacked, and Charlotte's deceit was discovered. She was forced onto a ship bound for Africa, but the Captain made the fatal mistake of assaulting the fiery woman and earning her hatred. She took her revenge by leading his crew in a mutiny, after which she beheaded the villain with a sharp dagger. Instead of ending her adventures there, Charlotte became Captain herself and led ship and crew in raids along the African Coast, capturing ships heavy with gold.  

deBeauxOs

summer clothing
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 08:41:46 PM »
Quote from: GDKitty
Mirren told Morley Safer that she used to be known as "the girl who always took her kit off," so I guess that's not a big shock, eh?
Always took her kit off? She made Calendar Girls not that long ago ...  :wink:

Boom Boom

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 09:37:01 PM »
Quote from: kuri
Wow, I'm surprised at the hate-on for shorts here!

Dang! Now I've got an earworm so I'll pass it on to the rest of youse:

Who wears short shorts
We wear short shorts
They're such short shorts
We like short shorts
Who wears short shorts
We wear short shorts.

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

'lance

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 10:58:54 PM »
Never heard of that one, Boom Boom -- must of was before my time...  :whis:

Quote from: kuri
Wow, I'm surprised at the hate-on for shorts here!

Shorts, nothing. (All very well for some people. Very well, even, for some people). It's my legs. Not that I hate them, y'understand -- they serve me fine, are just long enough to reach the ground, and so forth -- but I consider it my public-aesthetic duty to keep them covered to the extent possible. Besides, saves on sunscreen -- the application of which is really annoying when you have hair on your legs. 'Nuff said, I believe.

kuri

• View Profile
summer clothing
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 11:42:48 PM »
I don't shave my legs, and yet still apply sunscreen to them. I didn't think it was that hard.....  :?

Return To TAT