Author Topic: summer clothing  (Read 37941 times)

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Re: summer clothing
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »
This needn't be in summer clothes but.  .  .

I've got a pair of nice shorts I bought at Value Village last year. Jones of New York, doncha know. Well, again this year I have to get used to the fact that they button the wrong way.

Have we talked about this? What is up with the male/female buttoning thing? Why haven't we gotten over it and just pick one? Probably the guy-way because they'd kick up a fuss if they had to switch, right?  :twisted:

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »
I wear a bunch of T's old shirts (he had some nice shirts because that was all my brothers and sisters could think of to give him at Christmas), and even a few of his trousers (which is amazing, given how skinny he was and how not I am), so I'm used to the ambi- thing.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »
Here is a pic of the Tilley raffia hat I tried it on and love it, but I can't possibly justify spending so much money on a hat. If I do have the money to spend, I'm better off getting good, comfortable sandals or shoes.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

deBeauxOs

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »
Is this the hat?  (The link you provided was for the home page, no raffia hat pictured.)

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »
Oddly, your link does exactly the same. But there is only one women's raffia hat in the whole catalogue. It has a black border.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »
Someone suggested this coloured denim jacket: http://tinyurl.com/denim-vert I just love the deep green of the sample on the left. No, not cheap, but if nice would be a wardrobe staple (I can get away with that instead of a suit jacket for public work).
Rosa Luxemburg

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:46 AM »
that's really nice!
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
I know someone who ordered it and is very happy with it; also note that it comes in several size ranges. However, it is not cheap; would be a wise investment for someone who could wear it in a casual but stylish work environment (such as several communications and arts firms or organizations). I looked at the jeans jackets at Reitmans - more my price range - but they weren't very nice at all; the fabric looked cheap and there was far too much lycra. I have bought very nice clothing at Reitmans, including jeans and a lightweight denim short-sleeved blouse that I wear over camisoles to keep the sun off my shoulders. I've also looked at Sears online, but I'll look their jackets in a real store when I have time to go there.
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT