Poll

Are they...?

. addslashes($options[$i]) . "
1 (7.1%)
 . addslashes($options[$i]) . "
13 (92.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Micro-Managers  (Read 3693 times)

kuri

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« on: May 22, 2007, 01:53:02 PM »
Deleted to remove personal information.

'lance

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
I'm tempted to vote for "a necessary evil," if only because I often suspect that
despite efforts to overcome it, I'm a micromanager.

John_D

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
Kuri... it's a great poll, really. I'm very impressed by the effort you've put into it. But I see several small problems with it, and if we tackled them in detail I think we could turn this into a truly special project.

Let's discuss this. Are you sitting down? You should be sitting down. No, not in that chair... that one's not conducive to good posting. And do you have good light where you are? Let me adjust those blinds for you.

Okay, now onto the emoticons you've chosen. I have six specific points about the order you've placed them in, and how we might optimize that. Number one...

kuri

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »

'lance

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 04:47:44 PM »
I'd hope so too, kuri. Seriously annoying.

Lest anyone be confused, the sole vote so far for "a necessary evil" is not mine. Rather than a micro-manager strictly speaking, I'm a would-be perfectionist, i.e. a ditherer.

John_D

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 04:55:10 PM »
Kuri: How rude can you get away with being here? This sounds like it merits at least a firm "Why did you ask me to do this if you have so many excellent ideas about it yourself?".

kuri

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:00:09 PM »

Timebandit

• View Profile
Micro-Managers
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 07:30:25 PM »
The blond guy has a tendency to micromanage.  It drives me crazy when he does.  He's learning, though, although he gets shirty when I call him on it -- which is something his employees at his old business were not able to do.  

I suppose if the micromanagement is well-intentioned, it mitigates things slightly, but only slightly.
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

Return To TAT