Author Topic: First Night .... (CFL Thread)  (Read 55310 times)

Croghan27

• View Profile
Re: First Night .... (CFL Thread)
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
LAGATTA ....

You being a Montrealer, tried and true, may have some views on the 'improvements' made to Percival Molson Stadium by and for the Alouettes.

I was surprised to learn that it is the smallest stadium in the CFL - but then I accept that is one of the reasons for the successful resurrection of the football club: the moving out of the MASSIVE 'Big O'.

Do you have anything to offer that a non-Montrealer may have missed? It seems to have been done without the all too frequent disruptions to the surrounding area.

Oh! and last night Toronto actually beat BC! :o Shocking the shot out of most CFL fans and probably God, herself.

(Edmonton @ the 'Peg' tonight.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:32:54 PM by Croghan27 »
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2010, 10:06:45 PM »
"I seen a peanut stand, heard a rubber band
I seen a needle that winked its eye
But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything"

When I see Edmonton defeat Saskatchewan.

"(What d'you say, boy?)
"
I said when I see Edmonton defeat Saskatchewan.

Tonight, at Commonwealth ..... 17-14.

Non-original additions by crogh. 
:o
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:07:44 PM by Croghan27 »
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2010, 01:32:57 PM »
Last night Calgary chewed up and spit out the Eskimos, as they had done twice before. Edmonton kept it competitive for the first half, but the usual second half surge by Stampeders, completely overwhelmed the hapless Edmonton crew.

This was an improvement for Edmonton ... as per Richie Hall, Edmonton coach, on the previous game on Labour Day: "A high school team could have beat us." [/color]They would have been competitive with a high school team for the first half. [/i][/color]Right now the pre-game show is on for a Montreal/Hamilton confrontation. The smart money would say Bub-bye Cats .... but ... Anthony C. is out. Montreal has some terrific receivers Watkins and Cahoon are as good an any in the league - but for some reason any QB other than Calvillo does not seem to be able to get them the ball. :confused
Hamilton, soon to be the peripatetic Tiger Cats, * have one of my favourite and most under rated QBs in the league ... Kevin Glenn ... (who I feel was grossly mistreated in Winnipeg.  :annoyed )The Hamilton secondary is beginning to operate as a unit and will not make life mellow for any backup QB for Montreal unless they play better than they have.The Montreal defense have not left me breathless in a while .... Saskatchewan may be a good offensive team, but over a hundred points total scored in the Grey Cup and and the first game of the season shows a failure somewhere.(I see the bastard blue once again stalks the world.)
* Moncton has a collective hard on.  8)
[/i][/color]

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »
Well - Montreal fixed Hamilton's little red wagon. It ended up 26-6, Alouettes.

I was pleased when Hamilton finally took poor Kevin Glenn out of the game ... it must have been like watching the Bagram (now deleted) torture tapes. The offensive line allowed the Montreal 'D' access to him at any and all opportunities.

I had a bud that disliked the CFL - calling it the Comedy Football League, and pointing out that the plays were like a dance step ... one-two-kick, one-two-kick! I fear he was more correct than off this PM.

BC was deep in their end zone with the ball when the QB, Printers, was jumped on and fumbled the ball. An alert Toronto player picked up teh ball and took off for the nearby goal line.

As the Argos players began to celebrate the gift touchdown ..... the running player, all by himself, fumbled and dropped the ball (in the end zone, no less). A BC player promptly pounced upon it.

No touchdown for Toronto  ... as for the game   :crying . BC is well in the lead.

These are pros????

Return To TAT