Author Topic: Adjustments  (Read 9482 times)

cogito ergo sum

• View Profile
Adjustments
« on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:24 PM »
Just thought I'd give us something to talk about.

Am I the only guy who seems to get puzzled questions from women as to why I'm adjusting myself when the need arises.  I guess it's such a normal thing for me that I just assumed it was like shrinkage and everyone in the world knew it happened.

8)

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
Re: Adjustments
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »
Quote from: cogito ergo sum

Am I the only guy who seems to get puzzled questions from women as to why I'm adjusting myself when the need arises.  I guess it's such a normal thing for me that I just assumed it was like shrinkage and everyone in the world knew it happened.

8)

By 'myself' I assume you mean genitals. Is that where your self is?  :wink:

Actually, I don't know any men who adjust their genitals in public.

cogito ergo sum

• View Profile
Adjustments
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:30:47 PM »
It's not where my "self" is but I'll stick with the expression.

My point is that if my genitals get twisted around then an adjustment is imperative, regardless of whether it's in public or not.

I'd also be very surprised if none of the men you know have ever adjusted themselves in public.  It can be done quite discreetly and it usually is.  The women who have noticed only notice that I'm doing it because I usually excuse myself if I do it in their presence and I think they might have noticed it.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Adjustments
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »
I'm guessing the reason athletes, baseball players in particular it seems adjust often is because the cup is uncomfortable and slips?

But if that is the case how come other guys make fun of them? Just something I've always wanted to ask.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

cogito ergo sum

• View Profile
Adjustments
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:19:12 PM »
I've never worn a cup, but those things do look like they'd slip and pinch the scrotum a lot.  I didn't realize that guys make fun of other guys for adjusting.  I guess it might be because it's really obvious...

aRoused

• View Profile
Adjustments
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 07:12:50 AM »
the cup is uncomfortable and slips

Yes, particularly if you're not wearing an authentic jock strap (ie, you've just stuffed the cup inside your gitch).
Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go in harm\'s way.

winedark sea

• View Profile
Adjustments
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 11:07:43 AM »
I am also an adjuster, though I try to be discrete. Why suffer? In this era of boxer shorts, adjustment is inevitable.
On the other hand, excessive "adjusting" is clearly something else. It's like urinal etiquette: if you shake more than twice you're just playing with it.
Blessed is a moderate poverty, for he who possesses little is so much the less possessed.

ouroboros

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »
Quote from: cogito ergo sum

8)

All guys adjust, some are just better at hiding it in public.

faith

• View Profile
    • http://www.faithloverobertson.com
the pub
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 11:14:20 AM »
And then there are the ones that seem to constantly need reassurance that their genitalia are still present and accounted for.
just picture it

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Adjustments
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 11:16:22 AM »
This is all news to me.

Well, except for baseball pitchers. One has noticed. But then baseball uniforms are such period costumes anyway.

I promise you, though, cogito, that I have never made such a comment to any man, not so far as I can remember. I'm all in favour of people being comfortable.

So this happens a lot, does it?

deBeauxOs

Adjustments
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:34 AM »
:shock:   Goodness gracious!  Does Miss Manners have a ruling ... errr, I mean a suggestion about how one discretely adjusts oneself?

I would guess that the womanly equivalent is twiddling with a bra strap.  There is the genuine adjustment and the attention-getting one.  Although that may be passé.  Didn't Faye Dunaway do that in the original Thomas Crown Affair, during the chest  -  :oops:  ah, I mean chess game?

lagatta

• View Profile
Adjustments
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 11:43:23 AM »
Hmm, bra-related "adjustment" can plunge far deeper than the strap, alas, especially after running...  :oops:
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

chcmd

• View Profile
Adjustments
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 01:13:35 PM »
Then there is the "wedgie-related" adjustment . . .
Feel the fear and do it anyway

deBeauxOs

Adjustments
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
Quote from: chcmd
Then there is the "wedgie-related" adjustment . . .
which is not gender-specific, of course!  :wink:

arborman

• View Profile
    • http://bohemiancoast.blogspot.com
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 01:59:53 PM »
Quote from: fern hill

Actually, I don't know any men who adjust their genitals in public.

Sure you do.  Every man you've ever met.  It's just that some of us are much better at being discreet about it.

I do think it's the rough equivalent of adjusting the bra.  Outish bits move around and sometimes need to be rearranged to make oneself comfortable.

Of course, if one removes the undies or the bra and wears relatively baggy clothing, no adjustments are required.  :)
The pleasures of the table are for every man, of every land, and no matter what place in history or society; they can be a part of all his other pleasures, and they last the longest, to console him when he has outlived the rest.

Return To TAT