Author Topic: Autistic Teen Battered by 'Exorcist'  (Read 2016 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Autistic Teen Battered by 'Exorcist'
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:03 AM »
from Facing Autism in New Brunswick

Student minister charged in attempted 'exorcism'

Police say 22-year-old Eddie Uyesugi, a pastor in training at Cherry Hill Christian Church, promised healing for a 14-year-old autistic boy. Uyesugi convinced the boy's mother he could cure autism with an exorcism.

"Through prayer, casting demons out," said Det. Swain. "She was initially in agreement in doing this thinking it was something authorized through the church."

But police say the exorcism turned violent, and that Uyesugi, under the guise of "God's work," battered and beat the boy.

"Sticking fingers into the boy's mouth while he was restrained on the bed, causing him to vomit. And this happened several times," said Swain. "The family said that Mr. Uyesugi told them this was to cast the demons out."

Police say Uyesugi also punched the autistic teen in the face, a ritualistic beating that lasted for eleven hours.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:06:40 AM »
Enraging and heart-breaking.

I always vote for ANB -- it's a great campaign they are running there.

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:45:41 AM »
I'll have to check out this website. As most of you know, I live in NB and have to sons on the Autism spectrum.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »
How can somebody actually be convinced that beating anybody up severely for 11 hours will make them function better than before the beating?

Return To TAT